• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Spectrum - new replica home computer based on ZX Spectrum

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
So Retro Games LTD who we know from the mini C64, Atari 400 and Amiga 500 and also the full sized C64 replica's will release a ZX Spectrum replica called The Spectrum on November 22nd.

t0xaBMq.jpeg

There wil also be a new issue of Crash magazine included, one of the ore popular Spectrum publications from back then.

Also 48 games are confirmed but you can of course use an USB stick to add more.

• Alien Girl (Skirmish Edition)
  • Ant Attack
  • Army Moves
  • Auf Wiedersehen Monty
  • Avalon
  • Bobby Bearing
  • Cosmic Payback
  • Devwill Too ZX
  • Exolon
  • Fairlight
  • Firelord
  • Football Manager 2
  • Freddy Hardest
  • The Great Escape
  • Head Over Heels
  • Highway Encounter
  • The Hobbit
  • Horace Goes Skiing
  • Jack the Nipper
  • Knot in 3D
  • The Lords of Midnight
  • Manic Miner
  • Match Day II
  • Movie
  • Nodes of Yesod
  • Penetrator
  • Phantis (Game Over II)
  • Pheenix
  • Pyracurse
  • Quazatron
  • Robin of the Wood
  • Saboteur! Remastered
  • Shovel Adventure
  • Skool Daze
  • Snake Escape
  • Spellbound
  • Starquake
  • Starstrike II
  • El Stompo
  • Stonkers
  • Target: Renegade
  • TCQ
  • Technician Ted – The Megamix
  • Tenebra
  • Trashman
  • The Way of the Exploding Fist
  • Wheelie
  • Where Time Stood Still

The-Spectrum-box-rear-view.png

I don't want this to be an add tho, I love their C64 maxi but I think the Atari 400 emulation in their A400 could have been a lot better. They are kinda cool for what they are, over they years I've come to appreciate the from factor and stuff like the real controller and keyboards more on those mini's and replica's and I have been playing them more than my fully packed RetroPie which is more powerful and versqtile but the experience is just not as streamlinedm in my opinion.

So this is mainly a UK and Spain thing even tho had a mate on the 80s who owned one over here too. And honestly I experienced those Spectrum games as they were ported over to the MSX a lot and I always thought they were horrible. But hell I preordered one anyways.

They are available on Amazon but only on the UK site and you have to do a very specific search ("plaion gmbh the spectrum") as it is officially not out yet.

So anybody here getting one too? Any recommendations for games that are still enjoyable today or that you consider classics on the platform?

I feel a lukewarm response coming :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom