• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tale of Studio Ghibli - Australian cinema event (6 films, limited screenings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

http://www.studioghibli.com.au/

W8gyNscl.jpg

The Tale of Studio Ghibli

A very special Studio Ghibli event featuring six select feature films.

FOR A LIMITED TIME, ONLY IN CINEMAS.

• The Tale of The Princess Kaguya
  • Isao Takahata and his Tale of The Princess Kaguya
  • Grave of the Fireflies
  • The Wind Rises
  • The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness
  • My Neighbor Totoro
October 9 - October 22
Melbourne / Cinema Nova
Sydney / Dendy Newtown
Canberra / Dendy Canberra
Brisbane / Dendy Portside
Hobart / State Cinema

October 30 - November 12
Perth / Luna Leederville

November 27 - December 10
Adelaide / Palace Nova East End

Oh baby, yes please!

Having a look at the cast lists, I'm kinda confused; subbed or dubbed? It's being promoted by Madman so...

Edit: All but "The Wind Rises" are subbed.

I'm buying a season pass. I missed out on the Ghibli screenings at the Astor because I had too many assignments due/was on placement.

Fusebox

Banned
I'm going to Dendy Newtown for a few. Wish they'd show Sumo Wrestlers Tail, I've been dying to see that again since Ghibli Museum.

I'm going to Dendy Newtown for a few. Wish they'd show Sumo Wrestlers Tail, I've been dying to see that again since Ghibli Museum.

If they ever release those collection of shorts in the cinema one day it would be great. There are 9 of them with over 120 minutes of running time so enough as a feature length ,but it is what lures many to the museum, so I am not sure if ghibli will release it. Whenever I go to the museum it is always packed with children and tourists. Maybe after they have another set of four or five they will release the first 9 as a volume, maybe they can do it now once they have 12. they can put the first 6 as a release.

can't wait to watch the next ghibli film here in melbourne in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom