• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (360/PS3/PC) |OT| Sherlock Holmes 6

kRMVh.png

RqTl1.png

Release Date: September 20, 2012 (EU), September 25, 2012 (NA)
(Pre-Purchase on Steam, and receive a copy of Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper!)

• The Testament of Sherlock Holmes is an open world adventure game developed by Frogware.
  • The player faces an open investigation, and decides which leads to follow, and which to ignore.
  • Different questioning approaches can change the course of an interrogation
  • Players can catch suspects off-guard, or gather valuable information by choosing different routes.
  • In The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, all evidence of an police investigation points to Holmes as the main suspect
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes involves theft, fraud, and murder.
  • Focus Home Interactive will publish in Europe, and Atlus will publish in NA
  • This will be the first time the series will come to consoles.
  • Frogware have commented the game is being developed primarily for consoles.
  • The game will retail at $39.99 in NA, "in order to better compete amid a crowded holiday slate," says Atlus
  • There are about 20 locations throughout the game, each with unique puzzles
  • These range from Baker Street, to London's slums, to a crimson-hued opium den
  • The Testament of Sherlock Holmes has roughly 12–15 hours of gameplay.
  • ...would Holmes go so far as to commit murder?

ULQmp.png

3m3CQ.png

• Sherlock Holmes
  • John H. Watson
  • Dog

EFe9t.png

*Coming Soon*

Y7Sln.png

Shi was a pretty good comic.

I heard about this before on the Bombcast you linked.. I like a good adventure game every once in a while. Might check this out.

it's awesome that these games obviously have an audience and its profitable to keep making them :D and they make them too fast! i just got the remastered SH3: Awakened!

The bombcast never mentioned anything about the third playable character! If they gave the big spoiler away about the second character imagine what they kept secret :O

Lijik

I've been playing the other Sherlock Holmes games in anticipation. I fucking lose it at the Inspector Gadget voice he has in the first one

Tizoc

Will this get a digital release on PSN or is it just a physical disc release? If it's disc only...well I my get it in that case. The game has piqued my interest since I've learned of it's upcoming release date.

Will this get a digital release on PSN or is it just a physical disc release? If it's disc only...well I my get it in that case. The game has piqued my interest since I've learned of it's upcoming release date.

No sure, but i don't think it is (at launch anyway). I guess Atlus would want to get the boxed copy done first before incurring costs of going digital.

In Europe both Ubisoft and Focus are involved. I don't think either have a histroy of lauch digital releases

Tizoc

No sure, but i don't think it is (at launch anyway). I guess Atlus would want to get the boxed copy done first before incurring costs of going digital.

In Europe both Ubisoft and Focus are involved. I don't think either have a histroy of lauch digital releases

I see thanks, btw is that $40 for 360 PC and PS3?

I see thanks, btw is that $40 for 360 PC and PS3?

I checked on just Amazon, and it is selling the two consoles versions for $40. Steam is the same price for PC. I do not know if US has a boxed PC release

In the UK, quite a few stores are doing the boxed PC copy for £19.99 - which is a decent price. UK is getting a bit screwed on the consoles versions - lowest is £32.

Nasreddin

Interested in the PS3 version. Really liked "Jack the Ripper", had a great atmosphere and the dev did a lot of research.

Tizoc

I checked on just Amazon, and it is selling the two consoles versions for $40. Steam is the same price for PC. I do not know if US has a boxed PC release

In the UK, quite a few stores are doing the boxed PC copy for £19.99 - which is a decent price. UK is getting a bit screwed on the consoles versions - lowest is £32.

Wicked, I'll lurk the game shops next week to see if I can find a copy. =3

tsab

I haven't played any previous SH games (which I regret). Should I play the previous ones first? Should I avoid anyone?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I haven't played any previous SH games (which I regret). Should I play the previous ones first? Should I avoid anyone?

I played the awakened... I liked the game, the story was nice, but at points the game felt clunky.

That's budget games for you =)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Honestly, just play SH vs Jack the Ripper. It's available on 360 and PC. It's the most recent game in the series besides this one. If you play Jack the Ripper and like it enough, buy Testament. If you finish that and like it enough, then double pack to check out the others.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I'm happy they finally changed the engine for those games. Definitely interested

"YOU ARE SHERLOCK HOLMES, AND THIS IS YOUR INVESTIGATION! "
Lol, no shit chap

My local gamestop apparently have no stock of this game. I tried to buy it Friday and yesterday, but no luck. Could buy online, but it won't be here for at least a few days, and I will be jumping in Borderlands 2 by then.

I guess I am holding back on this for this for a few weeks then.

This really should have been released in a less busy period. :/

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
He totally looks like Mark Strong. Lol. The irony isn't lost on me.

I actually haven't been following this game, having only heard about it peripherally, but after reading the PS blog post about it, and watching the trailer, I am very, very interested in this title, and want to see more.

I may not be able to get it yet, but it's on my "one to watch" list. Hopefully some people will be picking it up this week and can give us some good information on it and how it plays (in particular the console version and its interface).

The Awakened is the best one out of all Sherlock Holmes games. They did a good job bringing Cthulu mythos into the game.

Most definitely, I actually enjoyed (see: loved) vs Jack the Ripper as well. Nemesis is good too.

Surprised to see an OT for this game, but it's one of my most anticipated of the year. I fucking love Frogware SH games, and this one looks beautiful. Looking forward to it.

Wow, that GI gameplay video. I haven't actually seen any yet, but I imagined how it would evolve considering JTR. The third person view looks really fantastic. Seems to control well. Man I am so excited to play this one now. JTR really was one of the best games regarding actually investigating crimes/searching for clues, I hope they retained and improved.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Thought it might be worth posting here, one of the biggest newspapers in Sweden (Aftonbladet) gave this game a 4/5. All in Swedish, but here's a quick and dirty translation of a quote, at least:

"I don't think there are any other game developers in the world that could make me sweat of excitement when structuring Sherlock Holmes's deduction process in the form of a text-based flowchart."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/spela/recensioner/article15471762.ab

Thought it might be worth posting here, one of the biggest newspapers in Sweden (Aftonbladet) gave this game a 4/5. All in Swedish, but here's a quick and dirty translation of a quote, at least:

"I don't think there are any other game developers in the world that could make me sweat of excitement from structuring Sherlock Holmes's deduction process in the form of a text-based flowchart."

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/spela/recensioner/article15471762.ab

God that is so great. TEXT-BASED FLOW CHART. True investigations incoming.

Most definitely, I actually enjoyed (see: loved) vs Jack the Ripper as well. Nemesis is good too.

Surprised to see an OT for this game, but it's one of my most anticipated of the year. I fucking love Frogware SH games, and this one looks beautiful. Looking forward to it.

Wow, that GI gameplay video. I haven't actually seen any yet, but I imagined how it would evolve considering JTR. The third person view looks really fantastic. Seems to control well. Man I am so excited to play this one now. JTR really was one of the best games regarding actually investigating crimes/searching for clues, I hope they retained and improved.
I fucking hated Nemesis. So much reading and unnecessary confusing puzzles. The least favorite out of all series.

At least, Jack the Ripper had me keep playing the game just to find out the killer's identity.

I fucking hated Nemesis. So much reading and unnecessary confusing puzzles. The least favorite out of all series.

At least, Jack the Ripper had me keep playing the game just to find out the killer's identity.

Yea, good point about Nemesis. I liked the story though. Jack the Ripper was just so fucking good. So good. Best investigation meta-game I've seen in a game, really.

RobertM

I get a kick out of it whenever they mention this game on GiantBomb. So many funny and insane stories regarding this game, how PR person spoils the whole game for you.

For those who played both the early nineties games from Mythos Software, and the recent ones from Frogwares... which do you think are best?

ekim

God that is so great. TEXT-BASED FLOW CHART. True investigations incoming.

I made a proof-of-concept for a text-based flow chart crime game last year.
cfe13u1u.jpg

cf2etaiu.jpg

But it wasn't fun. :D

The SH game is pretty awesome. No hand-holding and you really have to think logical. deduction at it's best.

Larsen B

I liked The Case of the Silver Earring when I picked it up way back when (although the stealth sections were horrible) but I can't think of these Sherlock Holmes games without thinking of the Consolevania review for The Awakened.

This sounds interesting though I'm not sure I trust Frogware as a developer at all.

Top Bottom