• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The undeniable sexiness of GT4 + PSTwo bundle...

lunlunqq

Will we get this in the states?

041026a.jpg

041026b.jpg

lunlunqq

megateto said:
Is that a book?

i think it's the network adaptor driver disc...

BTW, it seems that the boxart of GT4 in this bundle is different from that of the normal retail version...

Zaptruder

Banned
They should just go all out and release the GTForce Pro steering wheel along with that pack.

As well as an order form for the GT4 sparco seat/rig

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
SolidSnakex said:
Here's the most surprising thing to come out of this, Sony isn't canning the old model PS2 afterall:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/041026ae.pdf

"– Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony
Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) responsible for business operations in Japan, announced
today that effective November 3rd, 2004, PlayStation®2 BB Pack (SCPH-50000 MB/NH),
would become available at a newly set recommended retail price of 24,800 yen (26,040 yen
tax inclusive), a 5,000 yen price cut from the current price."

Is this the old unit bundled with just the NA or is it the NA and the HDD?

maskrider

DarienA said:
"– Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony
Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) responsible for business operations in Japan, announced
today that effective November 3rd, 2004, PlayStation®2 BB Pack (SCPH-50000 MB/NH),
would become available at a newly set recommended retail price of 24,800 yen (26,040 yen
tax inclusive), a 5,000 yen price cut from the current price."

Is this the old unit bundled with just the NA or is it the NA and the HDD?

Bundle with BB Unit (NA and HDD).

Brofist

sonycowboy said:
That doesn't look like it contains the HDD. There are some footnotes at the bottom that reference the BB Unit and the HDD seperately.

The bottom is misleading, but that pack does include the HDD.

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/041026be.pdf

PLAYSTATION®2 RACING PACK TO BE RELASED
FOR THE WINTER HOLIDAY SEASON IN JAPAN

A Special Value Pack Offering The Highly Anticipated Gran Turismo®4 Software Title
Together with the New, Small and Slim PlayStation®2

Tokyo, October 26, 2004 – Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony
Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) responsible for business operations in Japan, announced today that it would release PlayStation®2 Racing Pack (Racing Pack), a special limited pack for the winter holiday season. Racing Pack will have Gran Turismo®4, the forth installment of the Gran Turismo franchise and eagerly waited for title from Polyphony Digital Inc., and the newly available smaller and slimmer PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system come in one box. Racing Pack will be released on December 3rd, 2004, at the recommended retail price of 23,800 yen excluding tax (24,990 yen tax inclusive).

Since the release of the its first title of the franchise in 1997, Gran Turismo series
has become one of the top selling game franchises made available on both PlayStation® and PlayStation 2 platforms. Reaching combined shipments of more than 36 million units
worldwide, the franchise wins strong support from a broad range of users all over the world, as well as receiving high acclaim from professional car racers and automobile industry experts and enthusiasts as real-life driving simulator. Racing Pack comes in a special carton box, designed under the direction of Kazunori Yamauchi, producer of the Gran Turismo franchise, featuring the picture of “GT” of Ford Motor Company and using crisp black and white, logo colors of Gran Turismo 4, as the overall color image.

Racing Pack is a limited time product available at a value price for the winter
holiday season in Japan. Along with the Racing Pack, Premium Series Memory Card for Gran Turismo 4 will also become available on the same day. With these products, SCEJ aims to expand the world of PlayStation 2 and Gran Turismo to a broader audience, especially targeting to cultivate new users.

With PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PSP™ (PlayStation Portable), SCEJ will create and develop a new world of computer entertainment through the fusion of game, music,
movies, and broadcasting.

jarrod

Banned
What's with the different subtitles? "The Real Driving Simulator" or "The Game of Your Life"? They region specific? What happened to "A Spec"?

Miburou

Sony has never offered the HDD and Network Adaptor separately in Japan. You always had to buy them together. And their network adaptor does not have a phone jack, so the only way to play games over dial-up is to buy some 3rd party USB modem (Capcom bundled one with some of their games).

By the way, is FFXI broadband only?

jarrod said:
Erm, couldn't that just mean a new bundle to move out old stocks? Or does SCEI really expect to sell enough HDD equipped PS2s to keep production going?

Well,

all they have to do is have like a million of them already in stock and that should more than last them the rest of this generation.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
It's always been "Real Driving Simulator." A: Spec was just a subtitle for GT3. And Drive of Your Life was an advertising slogan.

Miburou

jarrod said:
Erm, couldn't that just mean a new bundle to move out old stocks? Or does SCEI really expect to sell enough HDD equipped PS2s to keep production going?

With the way the BB bundle has been selling there, what's the difference?

Solid

Yeah, I think I'll hold for some time. I don't want a black like everyone else. I hope for a limited edition in the future :)

J2 Cool

wow, that really sucks about the us cover art. And Im sure it will be over a black case. That superior white cover art on a white case looks real hot. My excitement for this game went down with the US one

J2 Cool said:
wow, that really sucks about the us cover art. And Im sure it will be over a black case. That superior white cover art on a white case looks real hot. My excitement for this game went down with the US one

Wow. Weakest statement ever.

J2 Cool

:) No serious, I'm not a big fan of the GT series but for some reason I own everyone. Good reviews and word of mouth. I imagine I'll buy this one eventually but I hate how consistently the US gets shitty boxart.

J2 Cool said:

Lol, you can go out, buy a bare white DVD case for less than a dollar and put the GT4 stuff in it.

hgplayer1

IF this comes out in the US I hope it comes out with the initial release of GT4 because I would probably buy it but not if it comes out a month or two after the stand alone game release. I bought my first PS2 with the GT3 bundle. it would only be fitting to get this one :p

Jonnyram

Oh, I didn't realise the super-sexy b&w GT4 sleeve was just for the bundle. When I saw the standalone sleeve for GT4, I was disappointed, but now I see this... hmmm. Possible purchase?

Top Bottom