• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Unofficially Official X05 Thread (announcements go in here, clones)

Dead Rising actually looks pretty damn good (and fun :D)- the only thing bringing it down is the repeating 5 zombie designs. I'm floored by the amount of them on screen at once and I love the outside mall shots, but if they could just crank up the zombie variety, it would do wonders of difference.

Ceb

TheJollyCorner said:
Dead Rising actually looks pretty damn good (and fun :D)- the only thing bringing it down is the repeating 5 zombie designs. I'm floored by the amount of them on screen at once and I love the outside mall shots, but if they could just crank up the zombie variety, it would do wonders of difference.

Can the zombies still only detect the player when he's in a 4m range? I dunno, the screens released around TGS restored my faith, but the trailer made the game look incredibly clunky and dumb.

snatches

Jim said:
If anyone's interested... Full list of direct links to all of Microsoft's good quality streaming X05 trailers. And is it me, or are the aspect ratios on most of trailers are a bit off:

They are 16:9 stretched vertically to fit the 4:3 aspect ratio.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
what is coming out at launch? both in the US and Europe?

Has anyone been able to distill info from the many press releases etc? Or will that take a day or two to filter down?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Ok guys, sorry for the long wait, I could not connect until now. I have some nice footage a few games, I'm encoding a few stuff from the press conference from here, then will head back to the hotel to work from my room. Sorry I'm so late.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Blimblim said:
Ok guys, sorry for the long wait, I could not connect until now. I have some nice footage a few games, I'm encoding a few stuff from the press conference from here, then will head back to the hotel to work from my room. Sorry I'm so late.

Yeah, WTF Blim. What do you think we're paying you f....

oh yeah.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This in TTP posting using Marconelly's account. (WTF It automatically logs in with Marconelly's ID. Cannot type my login even after the logout)
1000737medium5bh.jpg

Edit: ok, some quick impressions

GOW: Guy played a small part at night under the rain. Imporessive graphics (water could be saw going downwards on vertical surfaces like trees and walls). Frame rate was BAD. Not much action. Just the guy walking and getting us scared.

PGR3: Major disappoinment. Demo run at 30fps with no-updating textures (low res version upclose) and quite a bit of aliasing.

PDZ: Hmm... enemy animation is way better than what we saw in those videos some days ago. Actually, they are even better reacting than the "zombies" in RE4. Movement felt slow. Weapons felt too light (like plastic toys). Graphics look so so to me (and - again - 30pfs), but the co-op mod (as demoed at the conference) looks like a killer.

COD2: Quite a surprise. Was the most smooth game of the show. I guess it run at 60fps with some hiccups here and there.

Fifa 2006: ahahahahah

Condamned: Improved, but not that much.

Yusaku

Marconelly, you would've had to wait an extra month to play the SotC demo without me, give me first dibs to buy that off you!

EDIT: Goddamit you tricksed me!

hadareud

The Translator
Marconelly said:
This in TTP posting using Marconelly's account. (WTF It automatically logs in with Marconelly's ID. Cannot type my login even after the logout)
1000737medium5bh.jpg

opera, one of the reasons I'm not using it anymore.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Marconelly said:
1000737medium5bh.jpg
At first I was thinking "WTF, why is it like a faceplate on top of a faceplate?" Then I realized that the white part is just the packaging. That's a pretty cool one, though.

Yusaku

I hope the every10minutes.com free Xboxes come with a special faceplate. Although it would probably be some EXTREEEEEME Mt. Dew one.

Zeo

Banned
Jim said:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

^-That's when I get when I click those and it opens Windows Media Player.

Not sure what I should do to fix that. :\

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
truffleshuffle83 said:
new GR:AW footage in blims motage video. looks hawt

Inferior to the "video" that we all know and love. No grain filter on the screen, looked too clean. Choppy frame rate.

Yeah, I'm a frame rate whore.

scarybore

Zeo said:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Open URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:").

^-That's when I get when I click those and it opens Windows Media Player.

Not sure what I should do to fix that. :\

Try using SDP, and insert the url for the files and it will save the stream as a WMV file.

X05: 2K Games and Sports Tout Four Titles

In Amsterdam, the 2K family will be showing off three sports titles and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for Xbox 360

While an earlier Microsoft release oddly neglected to mention most of these titles, 2K was quick to issue its own release regarding its presence at X05.

NBA 2K6, Amped 3 and Top Spin 2 comprise the sports titles in the lineup. The aforementioned and eagerly anticipated Elder Scrolls: Oblivion rounds out the Xbox 360 support from the company thus far.

"I'm extremely excited about X05 as it gives us a chance to show off an incredible line-up under an exciting new brand -- 2K Sports. The 2K line of products has always been rated among the best and now we have a brand that recognizes this legacy," said Greg Thomas, president of
"By working with some of the best developers in the business, we're seeking to create a next generation lineup that will satisfy the cravings of any and all types of gamers."
Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. "This year, the 2K Sports line-up has grown significantly and features titles produced in our internal studios by Visual Concepts, Kush Games and Indie Built. Each of these studios has developed award-winning sports titles and they are committed to delivering the most realistic and entertaining sports experience possible."

"We're very proud to be supporting the Xbox 360 and are extremely excited to be showcasing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion from Bethesda Softworks," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director for 2K Games. "By working with some of the best developers in the business, we're seeking to create a next generation lineup that will satisfy the cravings of any and all types of gamers."

hadareud

The Translator
sonycowboy said:
X05: 2K Games and Sports Tout Four Titles

In Amsterdam, the 2K family will be showing off three sports titles and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for Xbox 360

While an earlier Microsoft release oddly neglected to mention most of these titles, 2K was quick to issue its own release regarding its presence at X05.

NBA 2K6, Amped 3 and Top Spin 2 comprise the sports titles in the lineup. The aforementioned and eagerly anticipated Elder Scrolls: Oblivion rounds out the Xbox 360 support from the company thus far.

"I'm extremely excited about X05 as it gives us a chance to show off an incredible line-up under an exciting new brand -- 2K Sports. The 2K line of products has always been rated among the best and now we have a brand that recognizes this legacy," said Greg Thomas, president of
"By working with some of the best developers in the business, we're seeking to create a next generation lineup that will satisfy the cravings of any and all types of gamers."
Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio. "This year, the 2K Sports line-up has grown significantly and features titles produced in our internal studios by Visual Concepts, Kush Games and Indie Built. Each of these studios has developed award-winning sports titles and they are committed to delivering the most realistic and entertaining sports experience possible."

"We're very proud to be supporting the Xbox 360 and are extremely excited to be showcasing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion from Bethesda Softworks," said Christoph Hartmann, Managing Director for 2K Games. "By working with some of the best developers in the business, we're seeking to create a next generation lineup that will satisfy the cravings of any and all types of gamers."

where's my NHL goddamnit!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
truffleshuffle83 said:
i think the whole video was choppy, not just the GR:AW footage. but that footage kicked ass
Is my video choppy? I just encoded it without really checking it :/

Blimblim

The Inside Track
truffleshuffle83 said:
its hard to tell, alot of the games are not launch titles so it could be the games, or it could be the video
Let me know with the splinter cell video we are putting online now.

SuperPac

Kung Fu Jedi said:
Well, we do know you can buy Kameo, PDZ, and PGR3! That's a start!

They didn't say those were day one. They said those were holiday season games. I haven't seen any list of games that will be ready for purchase on 11/22 yet tho'.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
truffleshuffle83 said:
its hard to tell, alot of the games are not launch titles so it could be the games, or it could be the video
People tell me it's perfectly smooth on their PC. It's 50 fps footage so maybe your pc is not powerful enough ?

Top Bottom