• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The wait is over; OUTRUN 2 Guru Scud Race video!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
It takes a longer time to read through all the recent Outrun 2 threads than it takes to finish the arcade mode in the game.

shuri

Banned
Thats it. I declare a Fatwah on Outrun2. The game was already spoiled by Kikiru when his pimped his damn video showing the whole game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wario64 said:
For chrissakes, how many friggin Outrun 2 threads do we need

As many as it takes... as many as it takes. I say we take off, and drop OutRun 2 threads from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

mrmyth

Kaijima said:
As many as it takes... as many as it takes. I say we take off, and drop OutRun 2 threads from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure.

No offense, Sega.

Sega : None taken.

shpankey

not an idiot
hmm... i don't really see the problem. there's not that many outrun 2 threads going. and if it was such a problem, why not just make an official thread and sticky it?

and there's at least 3 times the nintendo ds threads but i don't see anyone crying about those.

Thanks for the vid man, and don't mind these jerks (most are hypocrits).

robot

next time just add a DS to the end of the topic title to avoid all the whining.

great video btw - these bonus tracks are gonna kick ass.

shpankey said:
hmm... i don't really see the problem. there's not that many outrun 2 threads going. and if it was such a problem, why not just make an official thread and sticky it?

I guess you haven't been around the past few weeks.

shpankey said:
and there's at least 3 times the nintendo ds threads but i don't see anyone crying about those.

As much as I'm getting tired of all the DS related topics, at the very least, it's about a system that will play many different games. There's still plenty to ponder and discuss. And the bottom line is that the DS far more relevant to most people that just one game that's a niche title as well.

shpankey said:
Thanks for the vid man, and don't mind these jerks (most are hypocrits).

Well, at least we can spell correctly.

... Hey, if you're gonna call us jerks...

Superbone

Stay out of threads you're not interested in. Bam! That was simple.

Nice driving X. Do we have a NA release date yet?

Brofist

Maybe you should have bumped one of your own previous topics to avoid the hassle....nice driving btw,

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This is the video that shows off Trojan's ridiculous skillz. Take notes gentlemen.

The thing that bothers me though is all the posts from people at other forums saying that the camera skips a lot on those two tracks and that they don't really drive the same.

Trojan have you encountered any camera skipping problems whilst racing the Scid or Day 2 tracks?

Trojan X

Banned
They are not too far from wrong I'm afraid buddy... For the camera skipping, it doesn't exactly skip, it judders up and down when you drift on a certain position angle on the track. That position angle is usually when you're facing 45'degree drifting from in corner to out on a slanted track/corner leading upwards. THey DEFINITELY don't dismay you from the game though as you don't always see it unless you take a certain corner in a certain way all the time.
Check out the following seconds on both Daytona and Scud Race tracks:

OUTRUN 2 - Awesome Daytona 2 video - Check out approx 29 / 30seconds in the video

OUTRUN 2 - Blinding Scud Race video - Check out approx 41 seconds in the video

The corners you see the judders are the only corners I have ever experienced it, so everything a no problem from me.

In regards to gameplay, Sumo Digital did adjusted the coding a little bit to make the game read the player more on its crazier, wider spread and out of synx tracks more appropriately for the Daytona and Scud Race tracks. This is because Outrun 2 tracks are different from the bonus tracks so it had to be done otherwise you could forget playing on those Daytona and Scud Race tracks. THey have my definite thumbs up though because they've done an excellent job.

NOthing is a simple case of making the tracks and placing the car to see it run, you can do that in real life but not on in the computer world.

Trojan X

Banned
Oh, to add in regards to code adjustments. This only happens on some corners, not all of them. Everything essentially is Outrun on Daytona and ScudRace tracks.

Double thumbs up!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Trojan X said:
They are not too far from wrong I'm afraid buddy... For the camera skipping, it doesn't exactly skip, it judders up and down when you drift on a certain position angle on the track. That position angle is usually when you're facing 45'degree drifting from in corner to out on a slanted track/corner leading upwards. THey DEFINITELY don't dismay you from the game though as you don't always see it unless you take a certain corner in a certain way all the time.
Check out the following seconds on both Daytona and Scud Race tracks:

OUTRUN 2 - Awesome Daytona 2 video - Check out approx 29 / 30seconds in the video

OUTRUN 2 - Blinding Scud Race video - Check out approx 41 seconds in the video

The corners you see the judders are the only corners I have ever experienced it, so everything a no problem from me.

In regards to gameplay, Sumo Digital did adjusted the coding a little bit to make the game read the player more on its crazier, wider spread and out of synx tracks more appropriately for the Daytona and Scud Race tracks. This is because Outrun 2 tracks are different from the bonus tracks so it had to be done otherwise you could forget playing on those Daytona and Scud Race tracks. THey have my definite thumbs up though because they've done an excellent job.

NOthing is a simple case of making the tracks and placing the car to see it run, you can do that in real life but not on in the computer world.

I just wacthed 'em again and noticed it now that I've looked for it. It's unfortunate, but I'm hoping they will find a way to iron it out before the US release. Doesn't look THAT disctracting, but I can see myself getting annoyed by it after a while, especially if it happends frequently. I hear it could have something to do with your Xbox dvd drive, since the game is constantly streaming media off the disc.

Trojan X

Banned
I really doubt it has anything to do with the Xbox HD. Especially when it only happens when you take a certain corner on a particular angle with a certain corner entry and exit. Well, regarding the judder anyway.

Top Bottom