• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "What Are You Playing?" Thread--Feast or Famine Edition

Prospero

After the usual summer dry spell, I'm now splitting my time between:

Pikmin 2
Gradius V
Phantom Brave
Donkey Konga
Katamari Damacy

And my Shadow Hearts 1/2 package from Gamespot arrived yesterday, but I don't know when I'll get to that.

The "feast or famine" yearly cycle for games has been around for a long while, but this year it's absolutely ridiculous. Any year in which the five games are released that I'm now playing simultaneously is a banner year, and it's only October. I may have to pass on buying any games at all this month.

243372.jpg
+
243871.jpg
= Capcom Goodness. :D

Oh, and I finally caved and bought...

208989.jpg

I'm on Act V with an Amazon, but I haven't touched it (and am not likely to) since getting Monster Hunter.

ohamsie

I'm hastily trying to catch up with video games so I can be ready for the coming onslaught. I recently beat Resident Evil 0, and right now I'm playing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and I have Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes lined up afterwards.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
X-Men Legends...just finished Fable so I'm getting more into it. Great game.

ESPN NBA 2k5

Amped 2

Really, really wanting the new PSTwo to release so I can get into my games again there.

And Political Machine on PC.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I'm playing Fire Emblem whenever i can find the time, which isn't often. Up to the last chapter though.

I bought Viewtiful Joe not long ago. I beat Another Joe last time I played it. Not sure how much further I've got to go.

I bought Resident Evil remake ages ago, and only just got up to the bit where
you choose to give Barry his gun back or not.
So I still need to make a point of sitting down and finishing that off.

Once I've completed that small backlog I'll get Metroid: Zero Mission and these upcoming games:

October
Donkey Konga (maybe)

November
Zelda:Minish Cap
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario 2
Tales of Symphonia

December
Metroid Prime 2

It's going to be a hell of a holiday season of gaming for me. Oh, and then there's Grand Theft Auto Advance, which is going to see an October release in America, so we might get it in November or December in Australia.

FFXI - playing this the most recently, since it came along not much else has been played. I've still found time for....

Burnout 3 - offline. Almost 60% done. Going to start playing online more.

And since yesterday

Outrun 2 - which I also used for Live 2 month free trial.

Viewtiful Joe

cja

I'm also trying to get through bargain bin purchases before the deluge begins.

Burnout 3
Star Wars: Battlefront
Whiplash
True Crime
XIII
Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
Amped

Burnout 3 is awesome. Battlefront has been underwhelming, first couple of hours hawt then "meh" once I got over the Star Wars license. XIII is stylish, well designed, enjoyable but not the greatest FPS. True Crime is utter crap, paid £5 for it and still feel ripped-off. Whiplash is just tedious except for the first 5% of the game and the cut-scenes, they are funny. Pleasantly surprised by both Amped and Oddworld, freebies with my Xbox, I prefer Amped to SSX3 while Munch is rather adorable in a wierd kinda way.

Playing Star Ocean 3 when I have the time (favorite RPG of the generation so far)

Also, I went back to Advance Wars 2.

When finished with Star Ocean, its back to Front Mission 3 and Disaster Report. I also want to finally finish Devil May Cry (I got worse after playing Lament of Innocence) and Onimusha. Of course, Paper Mario 2 will be out by then.

olimario

Banned
I'm convinced I'm playing the best titles this year.
-Pikmin 2
-Katamari Damacy
-Donkey Konga
-4 Swords Adventures

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
B000095ZH0.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

^^
I almost sh!t my pants last night when I realized the game could be played in 1st Person. I'm really enjoying everything about this game.

explodet

Pikmin 2 - A spider boss recently reduced my squad from 80 pikmin to 8. I was not pleased.
Katamari Damacy - At this point I'm just showing my friends just how big a katamari can get. And I'm enjoying the awesome soundtrack.
Sly 2 - Burned through this game. Very enjoyable, had a great time, but I must move on now.
DDR Extreme - The removal of the controller setting change is a problem. Otherwise a good mix.
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - Holy crap is the CPU cheap on Street Fighter 2.
Warhammer 40K Dawn of War - Only been able to play this in 10 minute spurts, so I totally suck ass. When I get my new rig later this week, look out.
Advance Wars 2 - Finally getting around to unlocking Sturm.

explodet

Prospero said:
What are you talking about here? (I haven't bought the game yet.)
You know how you can change the settings in options so that the buttons on a controller don't count as input? That allows you to hit the corners on the dance pad and it won't register as arrows.

They took that option out, so that now if you hit the corners on the dance pad, it registers as an arrow. It can really mess with difficult songs.

I hear that it's only a problem with 3rd party pads, but that's like 75% of the pads out there.

Ramirez

-Fable
-ESPN NFL2K5
-Madden 2005
-NBA Live 2005
-ESPN NBA 2K5
-ESPN NHL2K5
-Burnout 3
-Star Wars Battlefront
-Tales of Symphonia

-_-

Lumix

Karaoke Revolution: J-Pop Best Vol. 1-3 & 5 (PS2)
Karaoke Revolution: Dreams & Memories (PS2)
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition (PS2 & Arcade)
Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune (Arcade)
Record of Lodoss War: Advent of Cardice (DC)

Link316

Banned
Gundam Battle Assault 2 (PS1)
Mobile Light Force (PS1)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2)
Clash at Demonhead (NES)
Illusion of Gaia (SNES)

Ranger X

Metal Gear Solid 2 (getting to the end soon i guess)
Ratchet And Clank 2 (almost done)
Pikmin 2 (just began)
Aria of Sorrow (half-way through)

Prospero

explodet said:
You know how you can change the settings in options so that the buttons on a controller don't count as input? That allows you to hit the corners on the dance pad and it won't register as arrows.

They took that option out, so that now if you hit the corners on the dance pad, it registers as an arrow. It can really mess with difficult songs.

I hear that it's only a problem with 3rd party pads, but that's like 75% of the pads out there.

Thanks. That's not a deal-breaker, but it's bothering.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I have devoted a small shelf for my backlog titles, or at least titles of this gen I feel I should finish before getting something new. It consists of around 15 titles.

Right now, I'm playing:

Indiana Jones (Xbox)
Pikmin 2 (GC)

And I'm also playing Katamari Damacy (PS2) and Gradius V (PS2), even though I've already finished those games. Yes, my backlog shelf hates me for this. :p

User 406

Banned
"Feast or famine" doesn't accurately describe my situation for the past couple years, it's more like, "Feast or catastrophic stomach rupture". :p

I just started La Pucelle last night, and I'm praying it doesn't suck me into three hundred hours of munchkinizing like Disgaea did, because I have Dynasty Warriors 4 Empires and Phantom Brave on backorder from playstation.com, and Tony Hawk's Underground comes out next week. :(

At least I've had a productive week, since I was able to finish Ring of Red, and start and finish Bloodrayne and Katamari Damacy, as well as get in some good Street Fighter 3 sessions.

evil ways

King of Colosseum II, Survival Road, Super Hard Mode, Level 7-8 difficulty.
Mega Man Anniversary Collection, Mega Man 2

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Shadow Hearts 2 (PS2)
Monster Hunter (PS2)
Mega Man X Command Mission (GC)
Super Mario Bros. 2 Famicom (Japanese) (GBA)
Outrun 2 (Xbox)

Awaiting Naruto Narutimett Hero 2 to arrive at my doorstep, but I have to go to work now, so I won't get to play it until tomorrow.

Prospero

2.jpg

sasimirobot: seeing that screenshot seriously made me want to take off work three hours early and head home for the weekend. Jesus, I love that game.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Rome: Total War

589390_20040930_screen007.jpg

WH40K: Dawn of War

919355_20040921_screen034.jpg

Kohan II: Kings of War

914911_20040920_screen012.jpg

Full Spectrum Warrior

918437_20040913_screen002.jpg

Icewind Dale II

id2_screen004.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Katamari Damacy...and Suikoden III for some reason. I usually don't play rpgs again, but something made me dig up an old save file and start playing again.

robot

It's been one hell of a month for games!

Katamari Damashi (ps2)
Gungrave OD (ps2)
Gradius V (ps2)
Fable (xbox)
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (xbox)
Burnout 3 (xbox)

My ps2 hasn't gotten this much love since....never!

Top Bottom