• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition Hits PS4 March 1st

Foffy

Banned
How does the extra mode work? Is it an alternate campaign compared to the main story mode, or a prequel/sequel to the main storyline? I though the story of the main game would at least imply why Metallia can't do any of the shit on her own, so her having her own mode needs some esplanin to me.

They announced Operation Abyss in December last year, so I don't think they'll necessarily hold everything for February.

That said, it's bizarre that they've gone so long without announcing anything. They normally tend to fill out the first few months of the year with releases:

2013, Feb - Apr = 3 games, 1 app
2014, Feb - Apr = 3 games
2015, Feb - Apr = 3 games

So far, we've got 1 game announced for March. Anything announced in February I'm assuming won't be released any time immediately afterwards, judging by how they normally trickle trailers out.

And aside from that, what have they been working on since their previous localization efforts were completed? The translation for Witch & Hundred Knight is already complete, judging by the Japanese release, so there's not even any work to be done on that.

this drought probably only came from them not announcing anything at AX this year lol

this drought probably only came from them not announcing anything at AX this year lol

Yeah, that's what I mean though - they haven't replaced that event with anything later in the year which has had announcements. They've just trickled this one out on the PS Blog and there doesn't seem to be anything else.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The story always reminded me of if Disgaea, Diablo and Drakengard/Nier had a kid.

Its SUPER dark and not for the faint of heart at all, which is at odds with its colorful art style. Like a "Humanity has declined" on steroids. Its not really that big a deal for me cause i read and watch some pretty dark Japanese media from time to time, but its definitely not for everyone, especially someone just looking for a casual story.

A lot of rape, torture and in general dark themes, wrapped up in this mentally disturbed child's world.

....brb pre-ordering.

whaaa_dean_supernatural.gif

kunonabi

The original is my favorite ps3 game so I'm super psyched for this. Metallia is easily one of my favorite video game characters so its great that we're getting more of her.

Syril

The story always reminded me of if Disgaea, Diablo and Drakengard/Nier had a kid.

Its SUPER dark and not for the faint of heart at all, which is at odds with its colorful art style. Like a "Humanity has declined" on steroids. Its not really that big a deal for me cause i read and watch some pretty dark Japanese media from time to time, but its definitely not for everyone, especially someone just looking for a casual story.

A lot of rape, torture and in general dark themes, wrapped up in this mentally disturbed child's world.
Sounds kind of like the logical next step from Soul Nomad actually.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Checked the poll and top right is still in first place at 36% but my bottom right vote is at 32% :) (Bottom left at 23% and top left at 9%) Gogogogo! There's still a chance!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They're doing a reversible cover so I hope they just pick the top 2 :)

I hope it's a true cover reversal then, like with Disgaea 5. Lots of time when they say that, the game just has a stretched out image and not really a cover with a backing.

FireCloud

Trying to pre-order the limited edition from the NISA store and I'm seeing some strange amounts for shipping.

SHIPPING METHOD
USPS
PRIORITY MAIL 2-DAY $11.55
PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS 2-DAY $40.15
UPS
UPS GROUND $15.21

Notice how much more UPS ground is over priority 2-day. And all of the amounts seem very high to me. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: I'm in the US by the way. I don't recall it being so much the last time I pre-ordered from them.

Shizuka

Trying to pre-order the limited edition from the NISA store and I'm seeing some strange amounts for shipping.

Notice how much more UPS ground is over priority 2-day. And all of the amounts seem very high to me. Anyone else experience this?

Edit: I'm in the US by the way. I don't recall it being so much the last time I pre-ordered from them.

The shipping fees are getting out of hand there. I just had to cancel my Rodea pre-order because I found out I won't be able to make enough money for the shipping on top of the $75 limited edition.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The shipping fees are getting out of hand there. I just had to cancel my Rodea pre-order because I found out I won't be able to make enough money for the shipping on top of the $75 limited edition.

I wonder if it's a new postage increase that has happened? In a world where package delivery is like at an all-time high and fewer postal workers are used (and usually lower gas too like right now), the raised prices really make no sense sometimes >_>

Hedge

I was really excited for this, but when it was released, the combat looked incredibly cluttered, overly complex and it was timed (if I recall correctly).
Has the game recieved any mechanical upgrades or purely cosmetic?

Is the game's story consistantly as fucked up as everyone is suggesting? If so I might actually take a look at it because the gameplay doesn't look bad.

Top Bottom