• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This interview with the creator of La Blue Girl is pretty hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
http://operationrainfall.com/2016/01/30/interview-creator-of-la-blue-girl-toshio-maeda-on-hentai-tentichles-and-not-giving-a-st/

Disclaimer: This article contains images and language that might not be suitable for all ages.

Trojita Note*: the actual pictures in the article don't have any nudity for those wondering.

I didn’t quite know what I was getting myself into when SacAnime told me that I would be able to interview Toshio Maeda. Toshio is pretty much the individual who coined the use of tentacles in hentai manga and brought it into the mainstream. Our interview lasted about 25 minutes, and I wish I could have stayed longer. Talking to Toshio was like talking to that one friend everyone has that knows exactly what to say to make awkward situations less awkward and put a smile on everyone’s faces.

He began our interview with a story, perhaps to break the ice:

Toshio: Last year in Japan, I was diagnosed as morbidly obese, but when I come here to America I thought, “Wow, I’m nothing compared to these guys!” I feel free here, I can eat hamburger every day and not feel guilty. I love this country for that, you don’t give a shit about being fat.

Do you ever see your manga being mistranslated during localization?

No, I actually do a lot of it myself. There is a site that I’ve heard of that is very popular in America, but it’s called like fuck. I asked someone once, why is hentai manga being posted on fuck.com? They told me it was fukku.com and I still don’t get it.

What is the your family like?

I have three sons; one is my assistant, one is a professional singer, and one likes this thing called “scat.” The last one is my punishment. I am also happily married.

What do you prefer ass or boobs?

When I was young, I was so into boobs. Japanese girls don’t really have big boobs, but in America there’s so many boobs. America is so heaven. Now, I see myself as an ass man. I don’t know the reason, I just prefer asses. Thanks for asking me that hentai.

American journalists have come to me and told me that my hentai scenes will corrupt American youth. Yet, you still have very little gun control in America, and kids have access to this all the time. You see in Japan, nothing happens, you can walk on the street in the middle of the night with a skimpy T-shirt or a mini-skirt on and nothing happens, but, in American, seems like you really care about the human rights of the anime and manga world. You don’t give a shit about real human rights, but you will do all you can to judge or put down Japanese culture.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
in American, seems like you really care about the human rights of the anime and manga world. You don’t give a shit about real human rights
ZKcWsdI.png

Truth bombs

sohois

You missed the best part.

American journalists have come to me and told me that my hentai scenes will corrupt American youth. Yet, you still have very little gun control in America, and kids have access to this all the time. You see in Japan, nothing happens, you can walk on the street in the middle of the night with a skimpy T-shirt or a mini-skirt on and nothing happens, but, in American, seems like you really care about the human rights of the anime and manga world. You don’t give a shit about real human rights, but you will do all you can to judge or put down Japanese culture.

What a smack-down, lol.

You can make a girls cleavage larger or draw their panties, but if someone sees you they will sometimes ask, “What are you doing?” and you can just reply, “Oh, I am hentai manga artist,” and they understand. Well, actually, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, but I don’t give a shit.

whole interview is gold

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
whole interview is gold

Anthony Bourdain sat down with him at a restaurant in Japan during one of his Parts Unknown episodes. Toshio Maeda had explicit drawing all over the table even when the waitress came by. Dude did not give a fuck.

I have three sons; one is my assistant, one is a professional singer, and one likes this thing called “scat.” The last one is my punishment. I am also happily married.

This is pure hilarity.

Holy fucking goodness at his description of his family, the third son killed me. This does not even seem like he's trying, there are people out there are genuinely don't give a shit what people think and he's one for sure.

O. Dammadeus & Sons

What wrong with jazz singing man

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
What a quote, what a guy. It seems like Ive been waiting for someone to vocalize those same thoughts, lol.

Daingurse

Lol, that was a fun interview. Think La Blue Girl was the first hentai I'd ever seen, people at the video rental store just thought it was a mere cartoon lol. I was only in middle school, but got away with renting that, Night Shift Nurses, and Bible Black.

Krixeus

It's funny because its true.

Do you see America as profitable for hentai manga?

Just a little. American journalists have come to me and told me that my hentai scenes will corrupt American youth. Yet, you still have very little gun control in America, and kids have access to this all the time. You see in Japan, nothing happens, you can walk on the street in the middle of the night with a skimpy T-shirt or a mini-skirt on and nothing happens, but, in American, seems like you really care about the human rights of the anime and manga world. You don’t give a shit about real human rights, but you will do all you can to judge or put down Japanese culture.

What do you prefer ass or boobs?

When I was young, I was so into boobs. Japanese girls don’t really have big boobs, but in America there’s so many boobs. America is so heaven. Now, I see myself as an ass man. I don’t know the reason, I just prefer asses. Thanks for asking me that hentai.
IEM58Qv.gif

This is what a proud Hentai artist looks like.

Love it.

And he's right, lots of shade thrown on anime/manga hentai artists but it's bullshit in the larger scheme of things

These are the clothes he collabed with lmao (NSFW)

http://www.supremenewyork.com/news/611/images?image=0

I don't understand how you could go outside wearing one of those shirts. One literally shows a breast, the other one shows some heading to third base, and the other is kind of okay, though your taste would most definitely be judged there. Even if it is supposed to be boundary pushing streetwear, you'd still get a lot of dirty looks for wearing these outside.

Daingurse

ZKcWsdI.png

Truth bombs

Lol, yeah that was real as fuck.

I don't understand how you could go outside wearing one of those shirts. One literally shows a breast, the other one shows some heading to third base, and the other is kind of okay, though your taste would most definitely be judged there. Even if it is supposed to be boundary pushing streetwear, you'd still get a lot of dirty looks for wearing these outside.

He answered that in the interview lol. The people wearing that are just like him, they don't give a shit.

You see in Japan, nothing happens, you can walk on the street in the middle of the night with a skimpy T-shirt or a mini-skirt on and nothing happens

Just make sure to avoid public transportation.

i was at his panel at anime expo in 2013 and 2014, the dude is hilarious. very down to earth guy and is never afraid to speak his mind. this was great to read.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Love this interview, so earnest.

rpmurphy

Toshio: Last year in Japan, I was diagnosed as morbidly obese, but when I come here to America I thought, “Wow, I’m nothing compared to these guys!” I feel free here, I can eat hamburger every day and not feel guilty. I love this country for that, you don’t give a shit about being fat.
cryingeagle.jpg

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Sounds like a real American culture expert.

"America just shot themselves in the foot. Which is easy, because everyone has a gun. I don’t know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I’m an expert), but fat people and burgers are a huge part of it. It’s not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being a hentai artist." etc

This quote is so inspiring that I feel like eating a Big Mac and clapping afterwards using my fat rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom