• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread for Gears of War nightly matches (pre-Gears 2)

Aladuf

Banned
Since some people weren't too fond of digging through all of our Gears 1 multiplayer match planning/stories in the Gears 2 media thread I figured I'd make this up real fast so we have a place to figure out when people are getting on and have a spot for other people who may want to play can join in.

So, for those of us who play together frequently then you can post here about times when getting on or whatever. And if anyone wants to get in on our matches before Gears 2 releases then post here saying so.

Nice. It sucks I didn't get in on that first run through of Horde with you guys, but that's what I get for just now starting to post/play with you guys. :lol

Aladuf

Banned
Yeah, like I was saying to RSTEIN, there will be plenty of Horde attempts so we'll get in there with you, I'll make sure of that. Just for the first go round we all pretty much guessed it'd be us five.

and lol, we're already talking Gears 2 in here... off to a bad start. :lol

Haha I know. Plus there hasn't been anything too memorable happen the past few nights we've played. November 5th (or 6th, depending who goes to a midnight launch) will be one hell of a night though. Last time to pull out all the old tricks.

-PXG-

So because of others' back seat modding and bitching, we post here now right?

Anyway, I will be online soon. To all of those who don't know. I host nightly Gears matches at around 9 EST. My GT is PXG 360. Add me if you want to participate.

Aladuf

Banned
:lol

Yeah man this is it just for the time being, I'm gonna sign on now just send an invite my way when you've got a match set up.

Get on there too Engine.

Just got in. I'm gonna grab some food, so it'll be at least an hour before I get on. We're still gonna play our normal hours though, right?

Aladuf

Banned
Yeah seems like it'll be the normal, lengthy hours, we'll start now but I'll be playing for a while at least.

Aladuf

Banned
Alright sounds good, if you still want to get on soon dementia, I can host one for now until the others get on.

-PXG- on Old Bones:

k14duw.jpg

Aladuf

Banned
:lol :lol @ Demenia's pic

JdFoX187 said:
Aladuf, I keep trying to accept your invites, but they're always invalid when I try to join. You asshole :lol
The matches fill up right away, you gotta be quick as hell I guess.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
That was a pretty good game last night, except for Garden, that map is awful.

Aladuf

Banned
Gig said:
That was a pretty good game last night, except for Garden, that map is awful.
Definitely, the matches lately have all had close outcomes so it's been really interesting. But for real, Garden is shit.. If PXG wants to do all the maps in the game except for 1 then take out Garden and replace it with Bullet Marsh.

Seriously man.. get Garden out of the rotation!

Games need moar Bullet Marsh. Anyway I'm checking out a haunted hospital tonight so I won't be on until around 10:30 or so. Hopefully the room won't already be full. :D

Aladuf

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Who should I send an invite to join in? Aladuf? I have to warn you though I haven't played in a long time so I probably suck pretty bad.
Yeah you can send me an invite, or really anyone else in this thread. If you haven't played in a while it's fine but this will be like a crash course for you to get back into Gears. :lol

If you play with us a few times you'll probably do fine in no time.

DenogginizerOS said:
If you guys see me on tonight, send me an invite.

GT: Denogginizer OS
Sounds good.

Just got in. The fucking hospital lost power for over an hour and we had to wait outside with it being 25 degrees. Sounds like I missed out tonight.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Just got in. The fucking hospital lost power for over and hour and we had to wait outside with it being 25 degrees. Sounds like I missed out tonight.
I was wondering where you were at one point when we were playing. Not too much happened tonight really, it was only me and Renwood/Shins talking for most of the night. But we had a whole GAF crew going.

Gig

Man, tonight's game was not that great. Most of the time we didn't have eight people (and I was usually on the shorthanded team :/), a few some somewhat annoying players (Sixteen Bits, help us out, don't just stand at the spawnpoint and wait for us to die). But with that being said I was willing to play for a little while longer..........................until I saw the next map was Garden.

Aladuf

Banned
Gig said:
Man, tonight's game was not that great. Most of the time we didn't have eight people (and I was usually on the shorthanded team :/)
Yeah, I wasn't having too much fun with that player/team set up. I was trying to get teams switched up sooner but it never happened, and seriously, your team kept getting the 1 random non-GAFfer and they would end up leaving instantly... it was no fun.

Gig

Aladuf said:
Yeah, I wasn't having too much fun with that player/team set up. I was trying to get teams switched up sooner but it never happened, and seriously, your team kept getting the 1 random non-GAFfer and they would end up leaving instantly... it was no fun.

Yeah, the maps right before we switched it up on Clocktower (I think it was Them Bones and Fuel Depot), were very unbalanced.

-PXG-

I wasn't really in a good mood last night. Just a lot of shit was on my mind, and I wasn't really in the mood for Gears or any bullshit from anyone. I feel better now (sort of). Apologies for being a bitch. I work from 2-6 so I hope to get home at before 7 EST tonight so I can host again. I'll rearrange the maps and weapon swaps this time.

Shins

Banned
Aladuf said:
it was no fun.
I beg to differ. For once you slouches were laughing instead of whining. I'm hosting a match at 9. It will have sniper rifles.

It will not include Escalation.

^^^ Or that guy

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
I beg to differ. For once you slouches were laughing instead of whining. I'm hosting a match at 9. It will have sniper rifles.

It will not include Escalation.
What I meant is that the fact that it was so one-sided wasn't fun. The fun me and you were having was insane, I was in tears at the "UN FUCKING BELIEVABLE" part.

Shins said:
^^^ Or that guy
lol he probably hasn't finished... "getting" the game yet.

Shins

Banned
legitimate copies only brosef

Besides being 4 on 3 (which can't be helped; it was almost always 4 on 4 when in the lobby; they always quit out after the match started), the actual skill level didn't feel unbalanced. Some people weren't playing well. The teams were alternated out regularly enough. PXG was playing the best, and he was on both sides. Valvoga just isn't very good, so his team winning or losing is dependent on who he's playing with. He never seemed to try to move over to a different team; if you don't like who you're with, you need to speak up about it. Sixteen Bits, well, didn't play a lot. He should've been booted to allow someone that was more active in.

-PXG-

So I guess I am not hosting :/

If I am hosting, PM me what you want, so I can get a general consensus of what you want to play. Anything BUT all snipes is fine by me.

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
So I guess I am not hosting :/

If I am hosting, PM me what you want, so I can get a general consensus of what you want to play. Anything BUT all snipes is fine by me.
Well Shins has a good connection too, especially for me since I live about a mile away from him. :lol

I'm totally against all snipes too, it's just last night there was nothing in the place of them so it felt odd. I guess no matter how much I didn't want snipes to be on the maps b/c of active whoring, they really just need to be there to make things comfortable.

-PXG-

I will put snipes back on, but none of this ALL snipes bullshit. I don't think anyone will be in the mood for active down cluster fucking tonight.

-PXG-

I am guessing we are going to have A LOT more GAFfers who are going to want to get in on this. We may need two rooms going at the same time.

Aladuf

Banned
-PXG- said:
I am guessing we are going to have A LOT more GAFfers who are going to want to get in on this. We may need two rooms going at the same time.
I've already been thinking that'll need to start happening, our games and the amount of people who want to be in them are getting to be a lot more than when the Gears 2 media thread initially popped up. My friends list has doubled and all of those people want to play Gears with us and it's getting hard.

Aladuf

Banned
This sucks now.. both of you have to host?! Fuck that.

I want matches with both of you.. this shit makes me want to start hosting again.

Gig

Shins said:
legitimate copies only brosef

Besides being 4 on 3 (which can't be helped; it was almost always 4 on 4 when in the lobby; they always quit out after the match started), the actual skill level didn't feel unbalanced. Some people weren't playing well. The teams were alternated out regularly enough. PXG was playing the best, and he was on both sides. Valvoga just isn't very good, so his team winning or losing is dependent on who he's playing with. He never seemed to try to move over to a different team; if you don't like who you're with, you need to speak up about it. Sixteen Bits, well, didn't play a lot. He should've been booted to allow someone that was more active in.

What?! Of course the teams were unbalanced, our team always had the non-gaffer/guy who stood back and didn't help (not just Sixteen Bits). And it's wasn't just people quitting at the start, people were quitting half way through the matches. As for me not being good, there's no "assist" in Gears of War mutliplayer.

Top Bottom