• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thread for Gears of War nightly matches (pre-Gears 2)

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
I'll try here again tonight. :lol
9:30 again?
I'm not sure what time PXG will be on. I know either way I'll play for a little while but then it'll be back to Fable 2 for me.

Aladuf

Banned
:lol Third will not let this thread fade away. I'll be on the Xbox soon for some Fable 2 but once I see you or PXG online then I'll head over to Gears with you guys for a while.

Aladuf

Banned
I wish I could have a gif of that insane headshot I got on you Third. That was the god of snipe blindfires.

Aladuf said:
I wish I could have a gif of that insane headshot I got on you Third. That was the god of snipe blindfires.
Man I know. Pretend you were me. You're running inside the warehouse, chasing Valvoga. All of a sudden, I see Baird pop out from the corner. First thing I thought of course was to baaaiiilll the fuck out, but then as I'm rolling back, my head explodes and I collapse. Then I picture you laughing about it. Good times, good times.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Man I know. Pretend you were me. You're running inside the warehouse, chasing Valvoga. All of a sudden, I see Baird pop out from the corner. First thing I thought of course was to baaaiiilll the fuck out, but then as I'm rolling back, my head explodes and I collapse. Then I picture you laughing about it. Good times, good times.
:lol yep, that's about it.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
You guys should have seen when I crept behind two guys in the last round of Mausoleum and got them with the shotgun, awesome.

ThirdEngine said:
Playing with friendly-fire on was hilarious, too.

It seemed like every other round or so Aladuf was killing teammates with the shotgun.:D

Taurus

Can I come too? :)

I suck like hell but at least I try to be/am a decent teamplayer. Invite me, I play randomly around the clock when I have some spare time.

Gamertag: W11kate

I'm feeling a full-on GAF match tonight, since the official thread's going up sometime later. I'll be on around the usual 8:30-9:00.

Shins

Banned
rock it

partay.gif

Aladuf

Banned
Alright, all the official thread business is done, we need to hop on and get some good ol' Gears 1 games going ASAP!

Aladuf said:
Alright, all the official thread business is done, we need to hop on and get some good ol' Gears 1 games going ASAP!
I'll be on soon. Once again, congrats on the thread!

UUUUUHHHHH!!!!!

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
I'll be on soon. Once again, congrats on the thread!

UUUUUHHHHH!!!!!
UUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

:D

I'll be on in a minute in a match with Renwood most likely so just join in, if it's full then message me and I'll get him to boot somebody.

Decided to head out to the bar tonight, then some of my drunk ass friends played Halo while I watched. Everybody was playing something other than Gears so I just let them be. :lol

We need to get some good games in tomorrow night though. It felt wierd with everybody not playing.

Aladuf

Banned
Sorry again about you getting booted Zaraki, like I said, I wasn't the host so I couldn't get him to not boot you.

Aladuf

Banned
Not sure, I'd like not to play Gears too much anymore in order to have an even more anticipated launch for Gears 2, but I'm already getting weak and want to play (and I haven't even taken a break from the game yet :lol)

So who knows, I'm sure I'll be on the Xbox soonish but whether or not I'll be playing Gears I'm not sure.

Meh. After playing with the people I did tonight, I could take a break as well. From now on I'm just playing with you guys until Gears 2. Nothing I hate more than watching people going out of their way to get an active snipe and stay far away as possible.

I need a GAF Gears fix. Seems like everybody else is playing different games to hold them over, but I can't find shit that can keep me away for another week. The wait is killing me.

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
I need a GAF Gears fix. Seems like everybody else is playing different games to hold them over, but I can't find shit that can keep me away for another week. The wait is killing me.
Get a PS3 and LBP and your problems will fade away. I've thought about playing Gears these past few days but I haven't really wanted to. You can hold off, I just saw you were playing FC2 that could keep you distracted... I think?

Aladuf said:
Get a PS3 and LBP and your problems will fade away. I've thought about playing Gears these past few days but I haven't really wanted to. You can hold off, I just saw you were playing FC2 that could keep you distracted... I think?
:lol

It'll do for the five days I have it. The urge to play is kind of leaving me anyway, just because it's so close to launch and all I want is fucking Gears 2. If we still decide to do those matches the night of launch I'm all in, though.

Aladuf

Banned
Yeah I'm still up for the matches next Thursday. I won't want to play too much but maybe we could play for like an hour later on in the night in order to make the wait until midnight a little quicker.

Taurus

Anyone playing tonight? I'll be online next couple of hours. Looking for some good teamwork with gaffers. :)

Invite me if you are playing. Gamertag: W11kate

JimiNutz

Banned
OK with Gears 2 launching in under a weeks time it's probably time to start populating my friends list with Gaffers.
I'm in the UK and while I really enjoy the novelty of playing with Americans/Canadians/Australians etc. because of time zone differences and bullet lag I'd like to populate my friends list with as many Brits and Europeans as possible (although I'll still add you even if you're not.)

Realistically I will mostly be playing over the weekends because I'm usually really busy or tired after work during weekdays. I'm also a fairly average player, certainly not a n00b, but not the sort of guy that plays 24/7. Just looking for some cool guys that use teamwork and are laid back/chill.

GT = NutJobJim

Top Bottom