• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THUG2's got EyeToy support! But what about the headset?

Agent X

I noticed a preview of Tony Hawk's Underground 2 was posted here earlier today.

There's some excellent news for fans of the game, particularly the PlayStation 2 version. The "face in the game" feature now supports the EyeToy. This was a very thoughtful addition, especially for people who own the EyeToy already. It also offers a quick and easy method of digitizing your face without requiring you to have a Network Adaptor for your PS2 and either a PC with a digital image of yourself or a cell phone with a camera. Now offline PS2 gamers can enjoy this feature, too! :)

There's only one question that remains unanswered. Will this game also support a USB headset for voice chat when playing online? This is the only thing that is holding back what is otherwise a marvelous series. I could understand the first couple of PS2 games not having microphone support, but I was surprised when last year's release of Tony Hawk's Underground lacked voice chat, considering that nearly all the other top-tier PS2 online games were implementing it by that time. It didn't matter much to me since I didn't own a headset at that time, but it would've prompted me to buy a headset sooner than I did (which was when Champions of Norrath was released). It was still one of last year's finest games even without the inclusion of voice chat, but having it would've made it even better.

Even though this game looks awesome, I'm considering waiting on this one rather than buying it as soon as it's released. I've already got 3 Tony Hawk games on PS2, and am not in a hurry to get another one yet. Also, I just got a bunch of other games over the last few weeks (Street Fighter Anniversary Collection, Burnout 3, Gradius V, and Sly 2), so I'm not feeling the need to open my wallet again anytime soon. Besides, I'd like to see how it turns out on PSP (maybe even get that one instead of the PS2 version). But, if headset support is in there now (in addition to the confirmed EyeToy support), then I just might have to make room for it in my list of planned October acquisitions.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Lack of Live support for Xbox is a crime :(

IJoel

No Live support, no money. There's no excuse for them not implementing it. Hey, they did me a favor by giving me a reason to cut down on the number of games to get this holiday season. It's not like there aren't alternatives.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah I'm not gonna bother with THUG2 now. I have enough games to play this season and no Live support is enough to make me look the other way.
Too bad too.
I'll still rent it or borrow it from a friend though.

Top Bottom