• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiger Woods 2005 online features

DMczaf

http://sports.ign.com/articles/547/547886p1.html

We've added a ton to this year's online play. We completely revamped our match-up interface to make finding a challenge easier. Users will now be able to "advertise" matches that will go into a match list visible to every user in any room. When a user sees an advertised match they like, they simply click "accept" to join and the game is launched.

We also wanted to address the problem of newer players getting crushed their first time out, so we've added handicaps both offline and online. Each user will be assigned a handicap similar to a real-world handicap based on their performance. Users can then play handicapped matches which award the inferior golfer extra strokes based on the difference in handicaps. We found in testing this actually accomplishes two goals: the lesser golfer now has a serious chance of beating the better golfer and, consequently, the better golfer will actually have a good challenge on his hands.

Another feature we added, which was kind of a no-brainer, is wagering. Users will now be able to bet up to a million game dollars on any online match. That money can then be used on any of the 2500+ items in our Pro Shop.

Like last year, users can take their Gameface characters online, so you'll see all the crazy characters people come up with. This year you'll also get to see the unique courses users come up with since the Dream 18s I explained last week can be played online.

tiger-woods-pga-tour-2005-20040907032910863.jpg
tiger-woods-pga-tour-2005-20040907032915816.jpg
tiger-woods-pga-tour-2005-20040907032915066.jpg

Bog

Junior Ace
Too bad we can't combine HSGF's courses and gameplay with Tiger Woods' online play.

TheDiave

Banned
The last edition of TW PGA Tour I bought was 2003 on the 'Cube. I would've gotten 2004, but it just came along at the wrong time; Too many other games I needed to have. I might check out 2005 though, the online portion intrigues me.

And yes, I know the 'Cube version isn't online enabled. I have a PS2. :)

Ramirez

Too bad we can't combine HSGF's courses and gameplay with Tiger Woods' online play.

Thank God!

I wish they would bump up the number of players allowed to play together like Links.Only 2 people sucks...

Online sucked in general last year on PS2 cuz everyone had their maxed out characters online by the day of release,dunno how that was possible,but oh well.

Top Bottom