• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tim Montgomery fails to qualify in 100 meters, not a good sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

http://sports.yahoo.com/oly/news;_y...A--?slug=ap-oly-tracktrials&prov=ap&type=lgns

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – Tim Montgomery, the world's fastest man but also a suspected steroid user who faces a lifetime ban, saved the U.S. Olympic Committee from a huge headache by failing to qualify for the Athens Games in the 100 meters.

Montgomery finished seventh Sunday in a final won by reigning Olympic champion Maurice Greene in 9.91 seconds. Justin Gatlin was second in 9.92 and Shawn Crawford took the third Olympic spot in 9.93. Montgomery's time was 10.13.

By not qualifying, Montgomery saved the USOC the possible embarrassment of having to remove him from the U.S. squad before the games if an international panel of arbitrators finds him guilty of doping.

Meier

Haha, I think him and Marion Jones must have been paid off to not qualify or something. Or I guess the drugs dont work any more!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
when i saw she didnt make it, I said the exact same thing, but now seeing that he didnt make it either , its a no brainer, they were both using and won, then stopped and now they are losing......

For Montgomery that is obviously a huge dropoff and hints at something there. However, Marion Jones is a different situation. She still came pretty close, but it was also only her 4th race after coming back from an injury(?) and she was trying to get back to high level competition and just didn't quite make it.

Heezzi

Banned
Maurice Greene in 9.91 seconds. Justin Gatlin was second in 9.92

I know him. I went to High School with him.

Pensacola Baby...

Heezzi said:
heezzi-t.gif

that is the SHIT!!!

BOOKERMAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom