• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Glade. A small diorama builder where you doodle whimsical castles, cozy cottages & romantic ruins

Crayon

I saw this yesterday and it looks so smooth. I wish there was at least some tiny bit of goal, though. I know that's not the point of the game. Would make an awesome starting point for a game of populous. Lazily move the land around and watch your little guys pop out and automatically do their thing. There's a vr game called townsmen that is a populous clone and it's nice to relax to.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I saw this yesterday and it looks so smooth. I wish there was at least some tiny bit of goal, though. I know that's not the point of the game. Would make an awesome starting point for a game of populous. Lazily move the land around and watch your little guys pop out and automatically do their thing. There's a vr game called townsmen that is a populous clone and it's nice to relax to.
I love free building games like this and agreed I know its not the point but I too wish it had some sort of goals but without the stress of some current games, say Frostpunk 2 for example :)

kiphalfton

They make it look so easy.

Meanwhile in reality:

11-48.jpg

Last edited:

Denton

This had over a million steam wishlists btw, pretty impressive for a small indie game.

They make it look so easy.

Meanwhile in reality:

God I fucking hate modern "architecture". There is a house literally the same grey box like the one in the pic one street below me.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Not the type of game I would play myself (or would I?) but I really enjoyed this video, looks awesome and as something that is a passion project of the devs.

Last edited:

Holammer

So the game released and it seems to do pretty well with a #4 global top selling right now and they even have a store hero on Steam.
It's a weird genre, a previous example like Townscaper in this non-game sandboxes genre probably sold a million copies'ish and there are a couple others which all enjoyed decent good sales.

All of them take Concord behind the procedurally generated shed and gives it both barrels.

Decal4

Neo Member
I sure hope that we could get a birds eye view of the world, this would make a killer fast alternative for drawing RPG battle maps with easy weather and season changes, and if somebody blows a hole in a building in character, you can quickly update the map to reflect it. Much faster than dungeon draw!

Played the demo while available. Its fun but feels almost like a design tool without the export functionality. If you could export fbx / Stl that would be so rad, or even define your own texture set and assets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom