• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tip of the Hats 2014 (March 29 to 30): a 36-hour Team Fortress 2 stream for charity

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member

WHAT: A 36-hour charity TF2 livestream event raising money for OneStepCamp

WHEN: March 29th @ 12:00 PM EST
t1396108800z1.png

WHERE: http://twitch.tv/TipoftheHats

DONATE: http://tipofthehats.org/donate

Last year during the first TotH, the TF2 community raised over $35,000 for charity. This year promises to be even bigger and better with more events and more prizes! Tune in to help out a great cause, win some sweet swag, and watch some of the best TF2 players around display their skills.

For more information...

Prizes
Over $13,000 worth of prizes will be raffled off! By donating, you could have a chance to win:
  • 140+ Unusual Hats (one per winner)
  • the contents of 200 Crates (one winner takes all)
  • every craft hat/misc item in the game (4 winners)
  • 20 Twitch shirts (one per winner)
  • 5 CM Storm mechanical keyboards (one per winner)
Events
  • Surfing (world record holders from Counter-Strike Source and TF2 will be racing!)
  • Jumping (Soldier and Demoman trickjumping - crazy skills on display with great commentary and they answer questions to help newcomers get into jumping)
  • MGE (1v1 deathmatch), Ultiduo (2v2, Medic + Soldier), and BBall Tournaments
  • NA vs EU showmatches (in the major competitive formats of 6v6 and Highlander)
  • Pubs with gaming celebrities STAR_, Jerma, and djWHEAT
  • and more…

If anyone's got questions relating to TF2 (what's going on in stream? what are all these different formats? who are these people? why are these hats worth hundreds of dollars?!) feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. :3

This was a real blast to watch last year and I can only imagine this one will be even more fun and successful. The surfing and jumping segments were my favorite, they're game modes unto themselves in TF2 that are all about going as fast as possible. :p

K.Sabot

It's pretty ridiculous so far. I've not payed attention to a lot of the competitive streams, but the production of the stream so far has been a step above what I normally see in fps esports streams.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez, almost $15k during the first hour!

The stream looks amazing too, TrukTruk and Lange really outdid themselves this time.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Saaaaaaaaaaal! :D With Admirable, gdlk casting duo.

9v9 NA vs EU starting now.

Onward to smash the record, and the guy has great music taste.

Fuckin Destroyer - Chinatown.

Heh yeah, I get a ton of new music from TrukTruk. He always runs fantastic playlists.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
zoob running Cow Mangler?!

Badwater is such a good HL map, really looking forward to this last match.

EDIT: 2fort, ohgod.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Bball! Wonderland is the best at the mode, everyone's in for a treat.

And really glad to see that we've already raised more money than last year's event. Good stuff, TF2 community.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
200 crates and not a single unusual... Valve please. D:

Also, the jump segment was boss, as expected. :3 They really got the best of the best to participate and they always blow me away with their skills... Hopefully this increases the traffic on jump.tf and jump servers in general. It was super cool to see JoinedSenses participate and close it out, since he got into jumping because of the last TotH (he's also the coolest server admin ever <3).

EDIT: Oh man, this Dota Fortress screen is amazing! Props to whoever made that.

Top Bottom