• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Tokubetsu

Hey folks. Been thinking about picking up a new shooter to get into for the summer and Titanfall 2 has a lot of praise so its the top of my radar and first choice.

However, i havent played a multiplayer shooter since Black Ops 2. So my question to the community is, how friendly is the game to newcomer scrubs like myself? Whats the learning curve like?

I expect to be stomped for probably 30 hours or so before i start grasping the mechanics.

if you pick it up def. check out frothy and sager vids on movement as well. Movement is probably the most important piece of the titanfall pie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x_ri07QIR4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaaYz29jMQg

INSIDE DEVELOPMENT – Evolution of Monarch
http://www.respawn.com/inside-development-evolution-monarch-titanfall-2

I would love a similar approach to a pilot class using Coopers model :D

I'll be on in about 30min if you're still playing

That would basically be the equivalent of the third kill-streak style from MW3, wouldn't it?

Where instead of some powerful attack, you just earned another perk that stacked up on top of the ones you started with, plus the perks you earned along the way.

I would be so down. Start with grapple. Earn sonar knife. Earn cloak. etc. Stay alive long enough you can use any and all of the pilot abilities.

JaMarco

Where instead of some powerful attack, you just earned another perk that stacked up on top of the ones you started with, plus the perks you earned along the way.

I would be so down. Start with grapple. Earn sonar knife. Earn cloak. etc. Stay alive long enough you can use any and all of the pilot abilities.
Hasn't that already been leaked?

Yeah, but its very likely Frontier Defense only. I know I said the same thing about Monarch lol but the upgrades that were leaked made the MW2 lunge look normal.

Picked this up last week and have been having a blast! The campaign is great so far, playing on hard and 3 missions left I think it's one of the better shooter campaigns in previous years.

The multiplayer is also very good so far. Already lvl 30 and feel like I'm killing it haha. How do you get 2xp codes?

I'm on PS4 by the way!

Arrrammis

Picked this up last week and have been having a blast! The campaign is great so far, playing on hard and 3 missions left I think it's one of the better shooter campaigns in previous years.

The multiplayer is also very good so far. Already lvl 30 and feel like I'm killing it haha. How do you get 2xp codes?

I'm on PS4 by the way!

The 2x exp codes were only obtainable from a limited run of Mountain Dew, I don't think there's any way to get them anymore. But each code only lasts for one match, so they weren't super useful IMO.

EL CUCO

Been playing the free trial version on PC. Does the ADS option to hold down not work? I change it in the settings but its only working as toggle in game.

Karu

Playing the free week right now, won't pick it up. Still wanted to leave a comment that this game's multiplayer is a friggin blast and I love it. Screw Activision for tricking me into buying the Legacy Edition last year lol.

25ms to the nearest datacenter.

128ms in game.

Ridiculous.

Dropping 3 enhanced smokes on a charging Ronin and watching him melt never gets old.

5289c99762ecd073bb892da0e9148d79.png

Been playing the free week on PC, and I'm really enjoying how the game feels and controls. Learning is definitely a process, but I'm enjoying myself. I'll probably be buying it.

Derp2Herp

Neo Member
aim assist is triggering me. They need to tone down the tracking assist a bit. No freaking way a controller user is perfectly tracking me flying across his screen at full speed.

Fbh

Got this on the recent sale and just played some online matches.
Seems really fun so far. I love the high mobility in this, the grappling hook opens up even more possibilites than just wall running.

Still feeling a bit lost at times.

Super basic question but I noticed that once you take down the whole life bar of a titan it doesn die but some other bar appears? What's that? Is it some sort of countdown to it exploding or does it indeed have 2 life bars?

Arrrammis

Got this on the recent sale and just played some online matches.
Seems really fun so far. I love the high mobility in this, the grappling hook opens up even more possibilites than just wall running.

Still feeling a bit lost at times.

Super basic question but I noticed that once you take down the whole life bar of a titan it doesn die but some other bar appears? What's that? Is it some sort of countdown to it exploding or does it indeed have 2 life bars?

When you bring a titan's health bar to 0, they go into a "doomed" state and have the equivalent of one segment of hp (i.e. like Ronin has 3 segments of hp in a normal health bar, Ion has 4, etc.). When they're in this state, if an enemy titan runs up and melees them, it will trigger a stylish execution. Most pilots just eject once they get into this phase to avoid being executed, but your health isn't constantly going down or anything, so you could keep fighting while doom until something finally destroys your titan.

aim assist is triggering me. They need to tone down the tracking assist a bit. No freaking way a controller user is perfectly tracking me flying across his screen at full speed.

Aim assist on PS4 is crazy. That's why the semi automatic rifle is so good. If you fan the iron sights and trigger just right it's like a homing missile.

Whats with the garbage ping lately? shoots up to 150ms nearly every match

Yeah, no idea.

28 ping to the nearest server. 100ping in game. Weird.

Got bad enough the other night I swapped from phase shift to ping knife. Latency was bad enough I just got sick of dying a half second after hitting the button.

R97 and Flatline both feel like weaponized RNG to me.

Getting a kill with either feels completely like luck to me.

To say nothing of the XO-16, which is nothing more than a giant middle finger to fans of the original.

....wish Respawn would fix the Volt. Just make it a more accurate (ADS and hip-fire), slightly longer range, slightly less powerful CAR. Done.

Right now the CAR is better at all times in all situations. It renders the Volt useless.

To say nothing of the XO-16, which is nothing more than a giant middle finger to fans of the original.

....wish Respawn would fix the Volt. Just make it a more accurate (ADS and hip-fire), slightly longer range, slightly less powerful CAR. Done.

Right now the CAR is better at all times in all situations. It renders the Volt useless.

Perhaps the CAR is OP, and the volt is right where it should be?

Up to 200 ping now
This is fun

---

Volt was fine before the recent buff and the R97 was fine pre-buff. The other SMGs just need to be pulled back a bit.

Footos22

Just finished the campaign in 2 sittings on master. Man that was so so good. Started off real slow and wondered what fuss was about but it just ramps up and up all the way through. Incredible stuff. That bit near the end makes you feel like a total badass.

Can't wait for the next one. But onto the MP for now.

The Flatline is by far my favourite gun in the game and yet I rarely use it anymore because of how fucking random it is. My whole placebo experience I posted about earlier in the thread is now gone; this weapon needs to have its spread reduced. I can be point blank and still not kill someone because the game decided I'd get 10 shots in a row that are on the outer edges of the spread. Fuck it, reduce the damage if you must to compensate for reduced spread but do something because it's just not fun to shoot.

Perhaps the CAR is OP, and the volt is right where it should be?

I feel like the CAR is in a good spot relative to the R97 and Alternator. It's the default/original SMG that every player can start with, so it makes sense for it to be an all-rounder utility weapon within the category.

The problem is that the Volt currently is slightly worse at everything, or at least, the areas it's better at, it's enough better ENOUGH to make it a worthwhile alternative.

Again, I think it should be slightly weaker as far as damage per hit, with better ADS and hip-fire accuracy over all ranges. It would basically reward players who are better at aiming on the move, but if they got too aggressive and came in too close, the DPS for the CAR defeats them.

Arrrammis

Trying out 110 fov again. How am I going to make the switch work in a montage?

You could use the phase shift effect, go in at what you're using now and come out at 110 FOV, it'll be a bit weird no matter what but at least that way it could be stylish.

Also, great job on the last montage!

Top Bottom