• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT| Titan Online. Signal When Ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoin

Why is your mate buying an online only game with the worst internet ever?
I mean speed wise. He has less than 1Mbps download. The beta ran fine for him though, even if he did have to get me to download it for him. You don't need a lot of bandwidth for multiplayer, ping and packet loss are far more important factors.

malfcn

BiLSsJ3CcAA1fry.jpg

This is not going to fit in my car... is it?

This is DKo5's post btw.

No wonder they are limited. Too big to make anymore. The space they take up is insane.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I mean speed wise. He's less than 1Mbps. The beta ran fine for him, even if he did have to get me to download it for him.

Less than 1Mbs bro, bro, is such a thing even broadband in this day an age? Even my shit ass connection back home is better than that. In UK even 3g can be better than that.

I remember our first broadband was that and even then I remember looking back at that as slow.

L.O.R.D

The kind of guy who fuck up a game lobby because of his crappy connection.

not all people have good connection
i asked my ISP 1 year ago to upgrade the connection box where i live, and still i am waiting
i have 4 Mbps download, 150-250 kbps with ping almost 100-150 ms

OverHeat

« generous god »
not all people have good connection
i asked my ISP 1 year ago to upgrade the connection box where i live, and still i am waiting
i have 4 download, 150 kbps with ping almost 100-150 ms
I understand that I just don't want to play with those guys :p
I have 50/50 connection and had 23 ms to the us east server in the beta

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I understand that I just don't want to play with those guys :p
I have 50/50 connection and had 23 ms to the us east server in the beta

Not all of us are lucky enough to have great internet connections, but we deserve to be able to play online games too. Some of us live in the USA afterall....

:D

Eoin

The higher your ping the more irregular your movement becomes for the enemy - your own aim isn't affected though.
So yes it is a problem.
Bandwidth!=ping. I have 110mbps connection and was getting 38ms ping, he was getting 48ms. I think a lot of people overestimate how much bandwidth most games need.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Question for those who played beta and are already playing:

Did they reduce the in-between match time at all? It was way too long in beta.

ThomasCro

Just received my preorder code, punched it into Origin. It says It's preloadable on the 10th and releases on the 13th here in Europe.

Jito

Banned
Got my key from Direct2play today, just downloading now using the VPN trick. Are people still playing early on PC?

Ducayne

Agreed

Got fucked up more than a couple of times because an enemy was hiding in a group of A.I. soldiers

Happened to me a few times too. There seems to be a lot more grunts and spectres in campaign matches than I remember seeing in the beta.

Delt31

Got my key from Direct2play today, just downloading now using the VPN trick. Are people still playing early on PC?

I got my key too and preloading off the normal US origin. Should I stop and do it via the Korean store or can I preload off US and then unlock with Korean trick? How much earlier will this allow me to play it?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Why? Maybe his friends will be playing on xbox one, and for mgs he just wants to play the raiden mission?

You took his post too seriously.

That said, the PC and PS4 versions are the definitive versions, respectively.

As someone who owns an Xbox One, PS4 and gaming PC, the PC and PS4 versions will be mine.

Jito

Banned
I got my key too and preloading off the normal US origin. Should I stop and do it via the Korean store or can I preload off US and then unlock with Korean trick? How much earlier will this allow me to play it?

No need to do that if you can pre load anyway. I'm in England and we don't get the pre load until later next week for the Friday release. I'll be using the VPN to get in on Monday/Tuesday. Saw some people on here talking about beta .exe letting them play early, might be worth a try.

I don't think Korean trick would work in this case since only NA is getting it on 11th, rest of the world is 13th or 14th.

1. How do I preload early? I can't preload until the 10th.
Europe? I can't preload until the 10th as well.

So yea, I went and bought it, fuck it... I enjoyed this game too much to not get it all over my body day 1. Sucks that I'll have to wait a couple more days to play because Europe...

Jito

Banned
Europe? I can't preload until the 10th as well.

So yea, I went and bought it, fuck it... I enjoyed this game too much to not get it all over my body day 1. Sucks that I'll have to wait a couple more days to play because Europe...

I'm in Europe and started pre loading this afternoon, just use a VPN to the US then disconnect once it has started downloading.

KPJZKC

I'm in EU also, pre-loading right now - had to use a different VPN set up than my usual (Your Freedom + OpenVPN), used VPNGate or whatever it's called. Worked fine, connected to start preload, then disconnected, and it started using my normal speeds.

legacyzero

Banned
Does Origin not take your money when you preorder? I wake up this morning to an email saying "HEY WE CANCELED YOUR PRE-ORDER DUE TO PAYMENT ISSUES YOU IDIOT".

I can only assume they waited until today to take the money. Why not just take it then?

Does Origin not take your money when you preorder? I wake up this morning to an email saying "HEY WE CANCELED YOUR PRE-ORDER DUE TO PAYMENT ISSUES YOU IDIOT".

I can only assume they waited until today to take the money. Why not just take it then?

Most companies (or all of them?) don't charge you until they either ship the product or give you the download key.

m23

So I went to a local shop that sells games early in hopes of scoring a copy. Walked up and saw a couple copies sitting there. Got excited and asked for one. Imagine my disappointment when he told me they were all pre sold.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom