• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TNT racers (Xbox LIVE Arcade, PSN, WiiWare, PSP) |OT|

FoggyFreek

Just downloaded TNT racers for XBL Arcade and bought it immediatly. It's basically a very well done spin-off from Mashed, my favorite couch-co-op racer from the Xbox days..

Anyone else played this yet? Great fun. Can't wait to get in a ranked match with GAF players :)

http://tnt-racers.com/

tnt-racers-20100615085801556_640w.jpg

tnt-racers-20100615085811228_640w.jpg

This was just released on XBOX Live arcade (EU)

FoggyFreek

dalemurphy said:
How does it compare to Micro Machines or RC Pro-Am?

It has powerups but you have to drive off-screen in order to win a round. Every car that is off-screen dies but can get back on the road in 'ghost' form. You can still pick up powerups in ghost mode and irritate your mates. Brilliant times.

Out of my head there are 4 modes :

Points - (triggering powerups, overtaking, crossing the line 1st, hitting a power-up, and COINS) give points.
Rounds - a n Number of round-wins
Laps - a fixed number of laps
Time - a fixed timer, whomever has the most round-wins (last car driving) wins.

FoggyFreek

Just came back from an hour of racing with 3 others.. just a brilliant little game. We had a lot LOT of laughs.

Can't recommend it enough!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
FoggyFreek said:
Just came back from an hour of racing with 3 others.. just a brilliant little game. We had a lot LOT of laughs.

Can't recommend it enough!
I'm not expecting it to be as legendary as MM64 but is it at least as good as MMV4 and Mashed?

FoggyFreek

Oh yes, i think so yes. I had to turn down the headset volume. It's that fun. Oh, and smooth also, framerate is very smooth.

MooSeePoo

Neo Member
FoggyFreek said:
Just downloaded TNT racers for XBL Arcade and bought it immediatly. It's basically a very well done spin-off from Mashed, my favorite couch-co-op racer from the Xbox days..

My cousin works for Supersonic Software who developed MASHED (as well as the original Circuit Breakers and Micro Machines 4). Seems they are working on their own followup to MASHED:

GAS

FoggyFreek

MooSeePoo said:
My cousin works for Supersonic Software who developed MASHED (as well as the original Circuit Breakers and Micro Machines 4). Seems they are working on their own followup to MASHED:

GAS

Oew, you have a nice cousin. I really.. REALLY loved mashed. i don't quite understand why it wasn't a bigger hit. So much fun.

Another shout out for this game from me.

It's soooo much fun online.

The demo sells the game short in my opinion, being able to access the Fast or Turbo mode would have made things a lot better.

The online options remind me Bomberman XBLA where you can choose your gametypes and pickups etc. You can also turn off Shadow mode for on-line play which makes it more like Micromachines/Mashed style play.

Probably the best 800 points I’ve spent in a long while for the amount of fun I’ve had from it. A breath of fresh air compared to the 1200 price point we’ve had to put up with, I would have still bought this at 1200 points though and now I’m looking forward to the DLC.

I thought I was just going to like this and use it for quick blasts whilst waiting for Gas to come out, but with it’s buttery framerate and the fun factor, Gas better be bringing the goods but should be taking a good look at TNT to compare aswell.

My gamertag is mikepriester if anyone wants to join in some online fun. (UK time mainly, but give us a shout anyways)

abracadaver

Just bought this game. Its in the deal of the week for 400 points.

The online mode is dead of course as with every xbla game thats older than 2 weeks.

Buy it now we need more online players. Its a great game and a steal for 400 points.

Top Bottom