• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toho Godzilla vs. Bastardized Emmerich CG Godzilla in FINAL WARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevelyon

" according to Yahoo! News Japan (clickable here!) and Sponichi News, the latest Godzilla will face "Zilla", the 1998 Devlin and Emmerich creation who is better known amongst hardcore Godzilla fans as GINO: Godzilla In Name Only. And according to the news, it will indeed be "Man In Suit vs. CG". The "decisive battle" is said to take place in Sydney, Australia, and will leave it annihilated."

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18224

Plus they're going to stomp the shit out of Sydney!

headbanger.gif
headbanger.gif
headbanger.gif
headbanger.gif

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Holy crap!

Awesome to the maxx

Edit: I'm sure everyone can agree that the 1998 US Godzilla movie was pretty crappy... but I was fond of the Godzilla re-design they came up with. Not to say that I don't adore the classic charm of Man-In-Suit Godzilla, though. ;)

G4life98

i will never understand the geekluv shown to the man-in-suit godzilla, which are some of the campiest and unintentionally hilarious series of movies ever and a series where the emmerich godzilla fits in perfectly.

this upcoming movie should be good for a laugh.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
G4life98 said:
nd a series where the emmerich godzilla fits in perfectly.

The whole Godzilla not having a breath weapon was a huge no no.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Matthew Broderick Godzilla sucks. The whole campy part of the Japanese flicks is what makes that series great. You can't create that! It's magic!

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
The "decisive battle" is said to take place in Sydney, Australia, and will leave it annihilated.
Cool. Sydney isn't all that great of a city that people make it out to be.

belgurdo

Banned
If the US movie was good, would people bitch about the redesign as much? The monster WAS pretty decent looking regardless of the movie's quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom