• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Hardy, Justin Lin movies join the Netflix Originals line-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...t-teaming-up-navy-seal-movie-war-party-986685
In another sign of Netflix's flexing of its film fortitude, the digital giant has made a seven-figure deal for a film pitch.

Netflix has picked up War Party, an adventure project that has Tom Hardy attached to star and Andrew Dominik, the helmer behind Brad Pitt's The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, to direct.
War Party details are being kept in a suppressor, but it is described as a being based on true events and centers on real-life Navy SEALs. Life rights was part of the deal.

Bidding was competitive for the project, with Netflix outflanking Amazon, Universal and Lionsgate, among others, according to sources.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/netflix...thers-vs-swat-drama-the-stand-off-1202040709/
Lin, who directed four of The Fast And The Furious films and most recently Star Trek Beyond, has made a deal to direct The Stand Off, a period drama written by Black Swan scribe Heyman. Film takes place in December, 1969, when a newly formed Police unit known as the “SWAT team” embarked on their first major operation: to raid the Los Angeles Headquarters of the Black Panther Party.

Geist-

I hope it's better than the more recent "Ultra-Patriotic US Special Forces kill lots of brown people" movies that have been coming out.

Fat4all

Banned
This slew of script+star+director pick ups Netflix has been nabbing recently have me pretty dang interested.

I hope it's better than the more recent "Ultra-Patriotic US Special Forces kill lots of brown people" movies that have been coming out.
A movie from the director of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and Killing Me Softly? I'd expect more than that

Can't say I'm jazzed about Andrew Dominik making what sounds like a generic military movie. Dude is too interesting for this.

But fuck man, Dominik/Hardy combo. Day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom