• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tonight's the Supergirl/Flash crossover - will you be watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

And either way, why or why not? I'm curious if Flash fans are trying the show out (maybe for the second time) or if SG fans are interested to see if Gustin will grab them.

-

supergirl-and-the-flash_0.jpg

EW article w/ some spoilers:

The Flash-Supergirl crossover airs Monday, March 28 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.

So how exactly does the crossover work? For the uninitiated, Barry/The Flash, who has been training to increase his already supersonic speed in order to fight übervillain Zoom, uses a tachyon device that causes him to run so fast he literally ends up in an alternate 
universe. Therein lies the reason why it’s a lot easier to bring Barry Allen to a different Earth than the less plausible un-super superhero Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell). While the trip will amount to a hot 
second on the April 5 episode of Flash, it results in Barry spending a day in National City (and on CBS for the March 28 episode of Supergirl), where he’s shocked to discover another hero. “Supergirl has never heard of The Flash and Flash has never heard of Supergirl, so there’s a lot of like, ‘Wait, you’re the who, now?’ ” says Kreisberg. The comedy, in that sense, hits the ground running with the classic tale of boy saves girl, girl miraculously flies away, didn’t need saving in the first place. “Barry and Kara take a little bit of a leave of their problems for a week to engage in the kind of hilarious high-stakes high jinks that ensue when two super­heroes wind up in the same universe,” Kreisberg says.

On the possibility of an expanded crossover:

Hopefully close enough that they’ll need a rematch next season, maybe with Green Arrow and the Legends as an audience. “That’s in the cards at this point,” says Gustin. “The whole point of us doing this crossover is setting up the fact that maybe next year we can cross over all of them.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/18/supergirl-flash-crossover-spoilers

the-flash-supergirl_0.jpg

Magwik

Banned
Yes. Also I can't tell if that's Grant taking a picture of him and Supergirl or Barry taking a picture of Earth-3.

Never watched Supergirl but will definitely watch this episode. I am a huge fan of the Flash and if I like the characters and setting in the Supergirl universe I will probably start watching it. Probably will wait for Supergirl to get renewed first, don't want another Constantine

I'll end up watching it after the Flash seeing as they're slightly out of sequence, the extra 24 hours are a pain but the clips I've seen will tide me over.

Really looking forward to it though, love both characters.

I'll watch the cross over but fuck watching supergirl in general, I almost died and had to quit halfway through episode 3 the second time I tried watching that show.

jelly

Hell yes, both shows are the best at the moment, Flash maybe losing it a bit though. Supergirl got really good eventually.

KraytarJ

I haven't caught up on SG yet but when I do? Sure why not, I haven't seen any of the flash but SG is an alright show so I'll check it out.

Bluth54

I watch both shows so I'm looking forward to it. Also excited to hear about the possibility of an even bigger crossover next year.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Hopefully close enough that they’ll need a rematch next season, maybe with Green Arrow and the Legends as an audience. “That’s in the cards at this point,” says Gustin. “The whole point of us doing this crossover is setting up the fact that maybe next year we can cross over all of them.”

WpbfuB6.gif

Yesss

Sadly no. I don't really watch any super hero TV shows although I watched a season of Shield (awful) and a few episodes of Daredevil (good, but haven't gotten back into it). It feels like there is just way, way, way too much superhero on TV right now for me to ever catch up with any of this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/bpez9haep9ai4qeilfvv.jpg

They should really make a sequel to this

Of course the only woman in that photo has her ass to the camera while looking behind. *sigh*

Also no, OP. I don't care about DC outside of Batman. :x

abundant

Yes, though you may be lost as to how Barry gets to Kara's world. But that shouldn't matter too much.

If he has started S2, then he shouldn't be lost. And no one knows how he crosses into Kara's world, because (due to scheduling issues) the episode of The Flash where that happens airs after the crossover episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom