• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Apr16| Here today, Gon for three years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WE'RE FIVE MONTHS IN.

Come on, guys, make a new damn Pre-Flight commercial. Hell, just re-record new lines & stop saying "new year".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
These 12 episodes go through 80 chapters of a manga serialized monthly.

Jesus christ.

No wonder my neck hurts.

For people that think this isn't much, a monthly manga has more pages than a weekly one. Usually 30-50 every month.

Any idea why that prince treats/treated his assistant the way that makes a certain A Pimp Named Slickback proud?
latest

That slap from last week just came out of nowhere.

Korigama

And my U-Verse cut out and only came back a few seconds before the break, meaning I'm going to have to rewatch/re-record this on the West Coast broadcast. Wonderful.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Things Happening for "Reasons" - The Show

Wait not 80 weekly chapters but 80 MONTHLY chapters? Who fucking though this was even a good idea to do this adaptation?

Well, it was apparently 80 chapters over 5 years. I think the manga started out a weekly publication, then moved to monthly near the end of the first year.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No wonder my neck hurts.

For people that think this isn't much, a monthly manga has more pages than a weekly one. Usually 30-50 every month.

That's essentially the equivalent of covering all of One Piece up to their arrival at Arabasta in 12 episodes.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

It's starting to look like the answer is "badly."

I was really into this show at the beginning because I thought it had potential and I liked the weird dimensional stuff they were doing.

But it's too rushed feeling and now it's just that none of it works anymore. Not only do these ideas and characters and plot points not get any time to breathe, they get glossed over to the point that you don't understand what they're trying to get across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom