• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan15| Sold Our Car for Gas Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I like how the Death music video shows every current Toonami series EXCEPT for One Piece. Had to be intentional lol

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This series never could decide if it wanted Kikiou to be a hero or a villain.
She starts the series as a bonafide villain. But if you understand her plan and after a few encounters with Inuyasha and Kagome she settles into her current role of trying to stop Naraku at any cost...but she also won't force Kohaku to die for a second time. He's making the choice after hearing the plan.

ckohler

The dialog wouldn't be so bad in this if the characters didn't reiterate everything. Then again, it might get confusing if they didn't. Hmm.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
She starts the series as a bonafide villain. But if you understand her plan and after a few encounters with Inuyasha and Kagome she settles into her current role of trying to stop Naraku at any cost...but she also won't force Kohaku to die for a second time. He's making the choice after hearing the plan.

She's still a zombie who feasts on the souls of recently departed maidens.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Crap, now I can't unsee this as a parody anime.
Nonsense terms, fast talking, constant exposition

Jintor

Hey, could other people chime in? Does Kill la Kill sexualize male characters to the same degree that it does female characters? Is any of this sex stuff add to the show in any way beyond the prurient interest? Is the age of the characters and how they are represented sexually bothersome to anyone else?

Not quite but it's closer than any other series, yes but your milage will vary, kind of but eventually it all becomes background noise

finding issue with KLK's nudity is fair enough, but honestly, I was far more irritated it's just not really that great outside of certain shots/episodes

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SWERVE BITCH!

uSjN4Ai.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom