• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember trying to watch Samurai Jack as a kid.

...........I watched 5 minutes before getting bored & changing the channel.

A shame, since this promo looks alright but I don't feel like jumping into the series with this mini-event.

Moaradin

I've been getting more and more excited for this as I go through the first 4 seasons. It holds up ridiculously well and the new season looks fantastic as well.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Everyone catch up on Jack. Only 52 episodes.

A shame, since this promo looks alright but I don't feel like jumping into the series with this mini-event.

You should catch up. It's far better now that you're older.

cntr

Banned
I highly recommend checking out the old seasons if you haven't.

I've been rewatching them, and they're still amazing

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Jack isn't the sort of thing most kids would like. It's more like an arthouse movie mixed with old samurai movies. It's very stylized and does a lot of amazing things with animation, art design, and choreography. But it can also be very quiet, there's multiple episodes where no one talks at all and the story is told through their actions and the animation.

It's definitely worth a try dude.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Everyone catch up on Jack. Only 52 episodes.

You should catch up. It's far better now that you're older.
I probably should. I think the issue was nobody was talking & I guess I felt like nothing was "happening", probably was just too young to fully "get" the series.

Raxus

They are airing the ENTIRE series on Adult Swim streaming. I can link you later.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Debating on marathoning jack vs waiting for the 8pm airing to end

The show is incredibly episodic. There is little in the terms of overarching plot development thought that allows many episodes to be mini movies. You can pick and choose as you please, just watch the first three episodes, the two parter about the origin of Aku and you got most of the actual story in the series. There are tons of stand out episodes

It sure is a lucky coincidence everyone forgot about Goku defeating King Piccolo.

Literally the manga has the narrator say "The world had forgotten about Son Goku" and I'm just like... why? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom