• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
but

didn't future trunks prove that in this series, the multi-verse exists?

meaning that the characters right now would still exist in an universe where the earth is destroyed?

cntr

Banned
And here is where all conflict in Super dies unless they make it so that Whis can't pull the reset button.
They do.

but

meaning that the characters right now would still exist in an universe where the earth is destroyed?
They address this later, but
Whis's time travel is better than the time machine, and doesn't split timelines.

The was the most casual destruction of earth I think I've ever seen. He triggers it-- Had you not known from the original Freeza arc that he could do this you'd have no idea what was going on-- And it just -happens- in a few seconds.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
fuckin hate this show

but

I think the idea is supposed to be that he's literally rewinding the universe or something, instead of going back to another timeline

Tyh6CCz.gif
Does he come in purple?

For some reason the image of Master Roshi, standing on a rock in outer space, with his hands behind his back, overlooking the Earth having just blown up, while triumphant music plays is very relaxing...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So we now have 3 deus ex machinas:

- One that insta-heals anyone
- One that can bring things to the status quo
- One that can just reverse time

Why should I feel anything when it comes to "stakes"?

Morlas

This part of the show is rushed and it shows it gets a bit better in the next arc and improves more in the one after, and even more so recently

i don't have much of a problem with deus ex machina here because let's be honest DBZ is full of this kind of bullshit

it's more that this is HUGELY less satisfying than the alternative of just...giving Vegeta his character moment?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The show starts going to extremes to give the arcs some kind of tension after this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
- get the dragon balls
- wish that whis could use his time reverse power any time that he wants
- i just broke whis

Xe4

Banned
I would've actually given Dragon Ball props if it killed everyone. Like, that would've taken guts and been really cool and dark.

But not even a minute later it undid all of that feel bad montage made. Fucking pointless.

I guess what I'm saying is:
fuck this show.

Who watches Dragon Ball for serious plotlines? I come here for dumb ass fights and screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom