• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JulAug17| Most Definitely the Work of an Enemy Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I always loved this ending song with the fantastical scifi artwork. Enchanting is the word I'd use.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
This rewatch has been fun because I've forgotten so much of what happens & it's so enjoyable rediscovering it with you guys.

Morlas

BotkZzX.gif

a parting gift

Some of you guys watched OS before but censored, right? What do you guys think of it now?

I liked it when I first saw it on Toonami censored. However, I bought the DVDs and saw it uncut and man was it ever better. Still, I appreciated Toonami showing me this series in the first place.

He ain't getting no punani.

I know. Just pointing out what's happening in the scene for the unexpected.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Some of you guys watched OS before but censored, right? What do you guys think of it now?
I watched it via DVD from my friend, but that was almost 10 years ago. I never saw the censored version, so no idea how different it was.

I want to say part of the reason I saw it was because I heard Toonami had it at one point & looked into it, so when my friend had the DVDs, it got me interested.

I watched it via DVD from my friend, but that was almost 10 years ago. I never saw the censored version, so no idea how different it was.

Oh it was very different. No blood, lack of strip clubs, lack of curse words, digital bikinis, no Hot Springs episode.

Still, even with all of that cut off, it was a great series because the story was a fun romp. As long as the story is great and so are the characters, it's a memorable series to me.

cntr

Banned
tfw older than adult seinen anime protags. Feels bad, man. Are there any 25 year old anime protagonists out there or is it all downhill from here?
Action seinen like Outlaw Star tend to have younger protags than the rest of seinen. Lupin's in his late 20s/early 30s, for one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I kind of want to say that hearing that it was censored on Toonami is what got me to want to see the DVD version of Outlaw Star, especially when I heard about the "banned episode", which is more appealing when you're a high school boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom