• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So everyone's bipolar.

Meh, Wolfenstien. At least putting a level based on the original is kind of cool from a retro/fan view.

Crocodile

Wait didn't they just go out of their way to help Rin last episode because he was their friend?

QtFZ0PR.gif

Takashi

Oh was the Totosai sword fixing/Vatican angel bishie guy still part of the manga? I thought the divergence was right after Rin revealed his demon powers

I think his friends are feeling conflicted. They obviously didn't want him to die, which is why they helped him. But now that they've had time to decompress and take the situation in, they're hesitant to trust him.

ckohler

Yeah, the writing has taken a dive. The budget on that pre-opening sequence was really high, though.

Also, Tsundere girl calling it like she sees it. At least she seems accepting unlike Bon.

Moaradin

The original story stuff here isn't anywhere near as bad as Bones Eater stuff. And lets be honest, the manga material of this show was never anything spectacular like Soul Eater was.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think his friends are feeling conflicted. They obviously didn't want him to die, which is why they helped him. But now that they've had time to decompress and take the situation in, they're hesitant to trust him.

Which makes no sense because if they took ten minutes to think about it they'd realize he saved their lives a dozen times and, like them, wants to punch Satan in the dick. The only thing that's changed in their relationship is that they know how he kept saving them.

That's fine, but there is a better way to show that/explain it

After all it's clear the day Satan got his rocks off and gave birth to Rin/Yukio is the same day all of the support casts parents/family friends all got massacred. Beat that drum a bit more and it'd be more believable

Crocodile

The problem is that the character development is going in the opposite direction of what makes sense. Its a clear ploy to play up the drama.

But that was so much more horrible. Eyebrows girl makes stupid comment, rin freaks out for no reason, hits wall, soot things fly out, rin saves girl, everyone freaks.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Again, I don't care that it's different from the manga.

As long as it's entertaining I'm down.

Jury's still out.

Wrong. They went all the way from Japan to the Vatican to bring him the sword.

Wrong. Amaimon threatens to kill them and disappears, but Rin is clearly the only person capable of stopping him at this time. I think it's logical to think that they got the sword fixed because they didn't want to risk being killed by some psycho demon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom