• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JunJul16| You Thought It Was Dragon Ball Super, But It Was ME, DIO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Other things missing from the first anime (though one or both may have been filler): everyone freaking out that there might be a written exam, and Leorio and Kurapika walking in on the woman examiner in the shower.
brb need to look this up for...........reasons.....

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The super serious edge lord assassin and the pure hearted innocence make for a perfect pairing. It really makes the show work

It's funny because
they're more alike and far more different than you realize at first glace. Gon especially

Mike Tyson Mysteries a show I tried to get into but just found to be criminality unfunny.

I would agree to this if it was opposite world. Reminds me of the old school nonsensical adult swim shows I loved back then. Plus Norm McDonald kills it as Pigeon.

UFC Mane Event time.

HunterxHunter is a weird show so far.

It's got some darkness that is clearly just under the edge, but almost everyone is kinda goofy.

It's a show where some people will fall to their death, or be eaten alive, but others won't even remark on it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So part of the problem with early Hnter X Hunter is they really did try making this for kids, when this in spite of being shonen really isn't a series for kids.

Another difference: in the first anime, they actually did this on the open deck of the airship, so there was the additional threat of falling off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom