• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 1 - Live With the Flow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 339 - Protect Ichigo! The Bonds of Friends!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 14 - Naruto's Growth
1:00 - One Piece - 248 - Franky's Past! The Day the Sea Train First Ran!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 7 - A Flock of Plovers
2:00 - Black Lagoon - 3 - Ring-Ding Ship Chase
2:30 - Naruto - 14 - The Number One Hyperactive, Knucklehead Ninja Joins the Fight!!
3:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 22 - SCANDAL
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 7 - Hidden Truths
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 10 - Jack and the Lava Monster
4:30 - IGPX - 23 - Fate
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 33 - Lightsaber Lost
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 5 - Roar of the White Dragon

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRtBuC8F35Pw2z

zlCfzRtBuC8F35Pw2z

zlCfzRtDNTQgwREPQa
zlCfzRtDut89MymoTm

zlCfzRtEbnc4Wf_u6T
zlCfzRtE79YJE56D9E

zlCfzRtGI1U8JS4qu-

zlCfzRtJExoueua_nf

LATER.

zlCfzRtGI1U8JS4qu-

XD

zlCfzRtDut89MymoTm

SAO love is the right kind of love

zlCfzRtE79YJE56D9E

Usopp got that clown face going on. More than enough reason to punch him in the face!

zlCfzRtEbnc4Wf_u6T

Sakura proving her uselessness once again. I bet Itachi finds her annoying too. Something both he and The Sauce can agree on :p

Raxus

When's the first good episode, the driving test?

Technically Toshy but they mixed up the order last time.

Titan is all good IMO it just has so many GREAT episodes that some of the early episodes look weak in comparison. Elephant Logic is a good example of that.

Anyway, I have work tonight so I gotta get some rest.

Night everyone.

Really solid night overall

Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell
Space Dandy
Blue Exorcist
One Piece
Clone Wars
Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Samurai Jack
Symbiotic Titan
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
IGPX

Everything Black Lagoon though Clone Wars was outstanding. Naruto, Brotherhood, Jack, and Titan were still enjoyable just not in the same tier as the other shows. Really the first 6 could go in any order I enjoyed them all greatly and the next 4 were also still fun to watch even if they weren't as good. Shippuden and Bleach are just blah at this point, which is a shame because on paper Shippuden and Bleach sound awesome.

Bleach: Urahara (my favorite Bleach character besides Aizen) gets to fight is clone, Ichigo rampages in hollow against scrub reapers, and the captains are in an all out brawl... but it wasn't really partially because all that good stuff was constantly interrupted by long, terrible scenes of Kon being there. Seriously Kon needs to die dunno why the anime team continues to bring him back

Naruto Shippuden: Team Kakashi vs Itachi and Team Guy vs Kisame, awesome right? Well no fight 1 is nothing but talking talking talking no action at all while the later fight was mostly jumping over water attacks and a 1-2 attacks per characters all of which were ineffective.

And as for IGPX

IGPZZZZZ: Yeah I didn't watch it choosing to watch Clone Wars instead, but any episode that focuses on Liz just doesn't do it for me, she and Takeshi are the two worst characters in the show which does it no favors for me.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Technically Toshy but they mixed up the order last time.

Titan is all good IMO it just has so many GREAT episodes that some of the early episodes look weak in comparison. Elephant Logic is a good example of that.

Anyway, I have work tonight so I gotta get some rest.

Night everyone.

Next week is driving test. Then about a month until the next good episodes. What an inconsistent show, no wonder it was canceled.

Oh and awesome stuff as always SAB, really glad to see you're doing a mix of traditional sketches and the color ones in a montage kind of gives us a best of both worlds style

LATER

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Thanks pard'ners! *bow* Glad y'liked ya'll! I was plum-tucker'd out all night, so I'm happy ta finish I tell you what!

Though I wonder if I'll really put
7 pictures into 1 collage again, lol. It actually helped me get ahead in time, even though I basically took Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist off from drawing... Yes, Winry and Liz are the most important parts of the late night. I'm the only person who thinks this way.

OYASUM~ (X _ x

-----

Note: Oooo, I found out the Wii can let you upload screenshots of Art Academy stuff now, and upload it directly to web pages. So now I can do stuff like THIS:

Which are a much nicer rez than Miiverse normally lets me put out. So many deleted covers I wish I could have saved this way, doh!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.

I figure we'll get the April OT later this week?

Space Dandy
That was amazing. The animation continues to be impressive, and the story was pretty emotional too. So glad I avoided spoilers.
I can't wait for Season 2.

Bleach
Urgh, filler friendship speeches. THEY DON'T MATTER! Kon continues to be a pain in the ass. At least Ichigo is a dinosaur.

Shippuden
"We're going to spend the entire episode explaining Genjutsu. They are illusions. Do you get that Naruto?" "Yeah I got it" *gets hit with Genjutsu* "Hey what's going on?" *headdesk headdesk headdesk*

One Piece
A sad episode that also explains a major plot point. Next week we learn about Franky.

Blue Exorcist
Surprisingly amusing even if it's mostly filler. I say mostly as I remember some scenes from the manga (like the part with the 2000 yen allowance)

Black Lagoon
Well, that was exciting. Rock accepts that he's a pirate now after a man gets hit in the face with a torpedo.

Raxus

Rankings:

Space Dandy
Black Lagoon
One Piece (upped it after some consideration)
Blue Exorcist
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Symbionic Titan
Samurai Jack
Shippuden
Bleach

I actually went out for candy at midnight and upon catching up with the shows I found out I missed nothing :|

Overall a great night. I really enjoyed my top 5 and SBT and Jack weren't bad either.

Tamanon

Banned
Pretty good night for Toonami, really loved Space Dandy, and was surprised at how good Blue Exorcist was.

Rankings:
Space Dandy
Blue Exorcist
Black Lagoon
Bleach
Shippuden

bigkrev

Thoughts:

Dandy- Fun episode, happy to see Meow embrace 2D

One Piece- I fucking hate Usopp. This is beyond pathetic, beyond "loyalty" ect. It's just stupidity. and it's really annoying. Thus, as this episode was focused on him, I didn't like it.

Blue Exorcist- I'm enjoying the weekly genera shifts. We went from Shounen-ai last week, to cooking this week. Is next week Sports? Can't wait for the Mecha episode!

Black Lagoon- This show makes me want to smoke.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece - Simply the best.
Space Dandy - Heartwarming.
Black Lagoon - The standard of excellence.
GITS:SAC - The continuation.
Blue Exorcist - No one would complain if every episode was like this.
Naruto - Another quality episode...that everyone has seen a million times.
Star Wars: Clone Wars - Really great episode here and another one of those surprisingly thoughtful for a kids show episodes.
IGPX - The only good non race episode and the lead in to the best episodes of the series.
Naruto Shippuden - At least Twenty was in it.
FMA: Brotherhood - Breakneck pacing loses at lot but its still quite excellent.
Symbionic Titan - Lance was too dreamy for this world.
Samurai Jack - Too soothing. TOO SOOTHING. QUIT BEING SO SOOTHING.
Bleach - Now with a lack of Cam Clarke. Great.

Seda

So yeah I'll post the April topic tomorrow.

I don't feeling like posting thoughts per show today, so I'll just say Space Dandy, Black Lagoon and GitS were the highs of the night, the rest was okay to zzz.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Thanks pard'ners! *bow* Glad y'liked ya'll! I was plum-tucker'd out all night, so I'm happy ta finish I tell you what!

Though I wonder if I'll really put
7 pictures into 1 collage again, lol. It actually helped me get ahead in time, even though I basically took Black Lagoon and Blue Exorcist off from drawing... Yes, Winry and Liz are the most important parts of the late night. I'm the only person who thinks this way.

OYASUM~ (X _ x

-----

Note: Oooo, I found out the Wii can let you upload screenshots of Art Academy stuff now, and upload it directly to web pages. So now I can do stuff like THIS:

Which are a much nicer rez than Miiverse normally lets me put out. So many deleted covers I wish I could have saved this way, doh!

That is fantastic! art academy is like the best thing ever

I liked the things that I watched (Dandy, OP, Blue Exorcist, Black Lagoon, Jack) and didnt watch the things I'd have likely thought were not good.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Space Dandy
One Piece
Black Lagoon
Stand Alone Complex
Sym-Bionic Titan
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
IGPX
Blue Exorcist
Samurai Jack
Naruto
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Love the Shippuden, One Piece, and collage dumps.
I would say more, but I'm tired and going back to bed. >.>

Naruto was a fun one, though I felt I was offspec some much in it, haha. "Sakura and Itachi's hair are like.. exactly the same." *trudge*
Must master the way of the broken inner-clock! Hope you recharge well.

Well I think my internal clock is broken after only 4 hours of sleep I feel perfect

Yeah, this is the way! Ha. It's a good skill to master.

Heh I saw SAB doing these last night and I was like Kon is lazybones confirmed. :p

Oh wait it's not Kon saying that... Nvm lol.

Naaa, it's suppose to be Kon! So you're spot on, heh heh.

That is fantastic! art academy is like the best thing ever

It really is, ha. I've gotten pretty used to it's tools, which I normally don't for natural media-esque programs. It does a nice job at giving the proper amount of mess and texture that reminds me of natural media in art classes. And finally a bit of that can show up in the higher res saves!

Haha. All of these are so great. Love the steps to beating Jutsu and the Bleach one is funny too. The time you put into Blue Exorcist chef demon really shows. Great work.

I learn a new way to cheat the system and get more results on quick pics each week!

I'm actually surprised, I'm finding Blue Exorcist to be a pretty nice variety platter to the night. Though the jump from Black Lagoon to original Naruto feels like a MASSIVE shift in tone.

I'm actually quite surprised at how well Rock can man up and act useful in BL. He's seriously side-stepping the usual "Idiot who doesn't deserve to be here, but is here because ANIME" blandness that his role could have shouldered. Nice to see him earning his new name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom