• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar16| Oh yes. I poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Out on its maiden voyage and Sunny has trouble.

God, a pop culture reference?! I'll wait for the European translation, thank you very much.

I know you're joking, but it's sad that there's so many people that do this because how DARE references exist.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
& then they made it out of the storm & turned out to also make it to that fishman island they talked about.

Raxus

Reminder: the Straw Hats are actually strangely competent sailors who have been through a lot of shit.

People forget that the Strawhats likely spends weeks at sea at times and lots of training and other things are kind of swept under the rug in exchange for story progression.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Damn

I remember dropping non canon really fast
that's depressing tbh

Oh right, I forgot. There were some things about the Sunny that were shown in the filler arcs. Namely Soldier Dock Channel 0 (the paddle ship mod they just used), and Channel 3: their personal submarine, Shark Submerge III.

Mizerman

CURSE YOU MERCIFUL POSEIDON!!!

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
People forget that the Strawhats likely spends weeks at sea at times and lots of training and other things are kind of swept under the rug in exchange for story progression.

Also that Nami is literally the only reason they're still alive.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So, I'm assuming they didn't actually meet "god" in Skypiea?

They met someone that claimed to be God.
Easy to see why. He had electric powers (the Rumble Rumble Fruit) that were overpowered as hell. Plus his Mantra ability that lead him sense everything *cough cough*
Luffy kicked his ass as he's rubber, and now he's hiding out on the moon.

ckohler

Honest question, did you watch/read Skypiea?

I ask because that shit pops up EVERYWHERE later.

No. Didn't see it.

They met someone that claimed to be God.
Easy to see why. He had electric powers (the Rumble Rumble Fruit) that were overpowered as hell. Plus his Mantra ability that lead him sense everything *cough cough*
Luffy kicked his ass as he's rubber, and now he's hiding out on the moon.

That's what I figured... except for the moon part. o_O

Re: God::

Technically, Luffy and crew didn't stop Enel from achieving his goal. They just...stopped him from killing some people along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom