• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
A remake of Bleach, directed by Hideo Kojima, Michael Bay, and Quentin Tarantino, music by Masafumi Takeda and Death Grips, and a new story by Suda51, Oh! Great, and George R. R. Martin.

Yeah I totally feel asleep during Gundam again.

Not surprised. I think Gundam and everything after it is harder to watch the later it gets. GitS is a show I appreciate, but I can see some episodes of the show being hard to stay up for if it's late and you're already tired.

Gundam's probably the hardest to sit through next to Shippuden's filler episodes. Good thing the filler is done for Shippuden for now.

Oh yeah, I just remembered it's my birthday.

Turned 26 today.

ovrwx.gif

Happy Birthday, Hellwarden!

space_dandy_dance.thumb.gif.0cc26f34ded9f123906bdb6912b1292b.gif

Where did the Arby's and Old Spice come from?

:O

Arby's was a partner for the 20th Anniversary of Toonami and an Old Spice bump/ad has been running during the commercial break of Samurai Jack, saying brought to you by Old Spice.

I pretty sure that's what the title of the thread's come from.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Nen is basically someone's Stand. Powers are incredibly individualistic so even if someone tried to do exactly what Kurapika did it would never work because he doesn't has history, his quest for revenge and everything that goes with it. I hope this isn't a spoiler but you're going to get powers that disregard the laws of physics entirely and its never going to be explained beyond "Its their Nen ability"

Wait, the eyes are a powerup? When on earth was that explained?

They can't keep sticking all this shit in the manual. This isn't a good way of going about explaining material.

Pretty sure it was mentioned in the episode where he was learning Nen.

More of Kurapika's Nen usage will be touched upon in the next two episodes.

Seda

My only real criticism of the latest Samurai Jack episode is that the shift from "never killed a human" (which is already questionable considering the bounty hunter episode) to impaling people was pretty abrupt.

The four nen types of the 4 dead Jobber Beasts (2 in them in general feels like Togashi forgot who the hell they were and gave them a wrong type, or they were stupid and decided to create nen that wasn't favored by their type).

Leach: Manipulation (It's assumed manipulating the leaches so they don't kill him while in the bag in his stomach)
Porcupine: Transmutation (As said above doesn't really make much sense if he wanted to be efficient, since the nen he used mostly concentrated on manipulation of the hair's moment + length and enhancing their strength to able to pierce Uvo's skin.)
Rabid Dog: Enhancement (Used to be able to rip off Uvo's skin with his teeth, poison was not nen created via transmutation or conjuration)
Worm: Transmutation (Doesn't feel quite as off as Porcupine, since if he leaned closer to the enhancer side then the conjuration side that would explain his tactics of going close range/underground. But doesn't explain how he moves underground....Togashi just didn't bother with it I guess)

My only real criticism of the latest Samurai Jack episode is that the shift from "never killed a human" (which is already questionable considering the bounty hunter episode) to impaling people was pretty abrupt.
Having recently seen that one, yeah.

It was puzzling to see when he planned to kick both of those bounty hunters off the train despite what consequences that had

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Title: JoJo's Bizarre Anime Premiere"

Well that sure sounds interesting. At the very least, glad we're gonna get some Part 3 dub info.

Would be awesome if we also got Part 4 dub info as well.

Crocodile

Happy Birthday Hellwarden!

I don't necessarily disagree but when you have protags like Banagher running around (and they are pretty common) I appreciate what Jack is doing even if it stretches suspension of disbelief a little bit. Keeps the pacing brisk too.

Is this a reference to something?

My quibble with Jack is that I think it's walking a really fine line with these internal conversations Jack is having (and Aku is having); if the show wasn't as borderline wordless as it is, I don't think they'd work. They haven't gone overboard yet but they leave me a bit weary that they potentially could.

Nen is basically someone's Stand. Powers are incredibly individualistic so even if someone tried to do exactly what Kurapika did it would never work because he doesn't has history, his quest for revenge and everything that goes with it. I hope this isn't a spoiler but you're going to get powers that disregard the laws of physics entirely and its never going to be explained beyond "Its their Nen ability"
Everybody should have fun guessing what Bonolenov does cause they're not going to figure it out till they see it, same with Feitan.

Back like 8 years ago, Uvo vs the Shadow Beasts (1999 edition) was the very first bit of Hunter x Hunter media I had laid eyes upon, thanks to my friend. (Although it is not what got me into the series. Watched it on my own a bit later)

He wanted to show just how off-the-wall it can be, and I guess how mediocre the 1999 dub was

Shalnark: ":D They must be powerful Nen users! :D I'm really quite impressed by them! :D

I'm acting!"

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Back like 8 years ago, Uvo vs the Shadow Beasts (1999 edition) was the very first bit of Hunter x Hunter media I had laid eyes upon, thanks to my friend. (Although it is not what got me into the series. Watched it on my own a bit later)

He wanted to show just how off-the-wall it can be, and I guess how mediocre the 1999 dub was

Shalnark: ":D They must be powerful Nen users! :D I'm really quite impressed by them! :D

I'm acting!"

Mediocre is not the word I'd use to describe the 99 series' dub. "Dogshit" is a bit more like it.

Raxus

I'm acting!"
Even worse were Gon's and Killua's VAs for the 1999 dub.

Personally what really sold me on HxH was an upcoming fight.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well that's a downer, especially only at 52 years old. Condolences to his family & friends.

Part of me wouldn't mind checking out the Sentai dub since it probably fits in with the campiness of the series.

I've heard the series is good if you turn your brain off and want a good time with a zombie apocalypse anime/manga. I've seen enough random gifs and clips to know what the series is like so I can see the campiness to it.

cntr

Banned
If you guys need a bizarre gross show to watch after Fuuka, watch Cross Ange.

It's...it's like Kill la KIll without the restraint or taste.

If you guys need a bizarre gross show to watch after Fuuka, watch Cross Ange.

It's...it's like Kill la KIll without the restraint or taste.
With a worse storyline and no fucking message not to mention even more cringe worthy fan service, it's a shit show made by the guy that did Gundam Seed, it's shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom