• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Let it never be forgotten that DBZ is a very dumb and stupid series.

yeah, considering what comes later this is maybe the dumbest move in the entirety of Dragon Ball, which is saying quite a bit

makes Goku look like a damn genius in comparison

Seda

Yeah this whole plot point is basically a sequence of contrivances in order for the larger plot to move forward. If people acted rationally, the arc would be a lot shorter. Not...the best execution to say the least.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The Buu arc just reeks of "editor intervention". Either that or Toriyama is a hack of hacks worse than even Tite Kubo and we just didn't notice fast enough. Time for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

Nah, he's not a hack, he's just a reluctant author. You see this trope in a lot of things that become way too popular for the original creator's comfort.

Tite Kubo is a hack through and through. Is Toriyama the best writer? Nope. But he doesn't actively annoy every chapter with stupid char decision and overwrought drama. At the very least, even with some dark moments, DB is a fun, breezy series through and through.

(I have not seen Super and I've heard Goky is even more of an idiot in that, so my comment applies to the original DB manga.)

The "ULTIMATE" climax is here.

0e0996091bd5b16e1bc0ee7c12ce1eaba7cf0daf_hq.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nah, he's not a hack, he's just a reluctant author. You see this trope in a lot of things that become way too popular for the original creator's comfort.

Tite Kubo is a hack through and through. Is Toriyama the best writer? Nope. But he doesn't actively annoy every chapter with stupid char decision and overwrought drama. At the very least, even with some dark moments, DB is a fun, breezy series through and through.

(I have not seen Super and I've heard Goky is even more of an idiot in that, so my comment applies to the original DB manga.)

I've always felt Toriyama was a better artist than writer.

He's just a gag manga artist through and through and never meant for DB to get as big as it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom