• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
C99AGgdVoAAw4bZ.jpg
I didn't know they designed concepts for a Persona 5 female protag, now I'm kind of disappointed they didn't use her

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
today, I learned Escaflowne only lasted a whopping 10 episodes when Fox tried to air it. Even further reason why I'd be okay with Toonami getting it.

Can't wait to watch HxH once I wake up. & the GitS episode was that Tachikoma focused one? Damn, I recall that was a good one.

Regiruler

Moreso than other shows, it's so hard to remember side characters in Attack on Titan because they all wear the same gear, or otherwise wear very plain clothes. Thematically it makes more sense that they don't stand out, but it's a little hard on the viewer.

This pic reminds me of something..
Moreso than other shows, it's so hard to remember side characters in Attack on Titan because they all wear the same gear, or otherwise wear very plain clothes. Thematically it makes more sense that they don't stand out, but it's a little hard on the viewer.
AoT has average people character designs. There's no "spot the main character" game here. :p

cntr

Banned
I like it when settings avoid the protag problem by either making everyone look normal (like Attack on Titan), or making everyone look weird (like My Hero Academia).

...that said, AoT should lean more into distinct faces and body language than it does.

Regiruler

I like it when settings avoid the protag problem by either making everyone look normal (like Attack on Titan), or making everyone look weird (like My Hero Academia).

...that said, AoT should lean more into distinct faces and body language than it does.
Having the same body language is kinda understandable because they're rigorously trained soldiers.

Faces definitely though.

Even more difficult to distinguish between them all in the manga

Zubz

Banned
Man, I wish I could've caught that Samurai Jack live. Or the rest of Toonami, honestly. At least I have DBS & AoT DVR'd.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, watching shows on the Adult Swim site & using Chromecast works/looks nice (for the most part, not as HD as cable, but good enough), now I just wish I could have this quality when I stream it live. Maybe I should try launching the site on my PS4 instead of trying.

.......WAIT, GON PAWNED HIS HUNTER LICENSE!?! Well damn, that's gonna be a plot point later on, isn't it?

....or that's what they want us to think? He'll just stroll back in & get it back without any issue.

Lol, say all this stuff about reselling items you buy in front of the seller, but he's actually okay with it.

Gon you idiot, 500 x 2.5 = 1,250. Our hero, ladies & gentlemen. Can't double a number or divide it by 2.

This episode is eBay, Storage Wars, & Pawn Stars all rolled into one.

"HOLD ON, I KNOW A GUY WHO SPECIALIZES IN AUTOGRAPHS, I'LL CALL HIM IN....OH, & A GUY THAT SPECIALIZES IN DOLLS."

OMG this dude's eyebrows, how can I grow mine to look like that.

Hahahaha, this really IS Pawn Stars.

This Zepile persone is rather cool.

COOL, WE'RE LEARNING HOW TO DO ILLEGAL STUFF!! LET'S REPLICATE WHAT WE SAW ON TV!!

lol "hey dude we just met, plz sell our stuff we just spent a ton of money on, you can take care of it, brb!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man, watching shows on the Adult Swim site & using Chromecast works/looks nice (for the most part, not as HD as cable, but good enough), now I just wish I could have this quality when I stream it live. Maybe I should try launching the site on my PS4 instead of trying.

.......WAIT, GON PAWNED HIS HUNTER LICENSE!?! Well damn, that's gonna be a plot point later on, isn't it?

....or that's what they want us to think? He'll just stroll back in & get it back without any issue.

Lol, say all this stuff about reselling items you buy in front of the seller, but he's actually okay with it.

Gon you idiot, 500 x 2.5 = 1,250. Our hero, ladies & gentlemen. Can't double a number or divide it by 2.

This episode is eBay, Storage Wars, & Pawn Stars all rolled into one.

"HOLD ON, I KNOW A GUY WHO SPECIALIZES IN AUTOGRAPHS, I'LL CALL HIM IN....OH, & A GUY THAT SPECIALIZES IN DOLLS."

OMG this dude's eyebrows, how can I grow mine to look like that.

Hahahaha, this really IS Pawn Stars.

This Zepile persone is rather cool.

COOL, WE'RE LEARNING HOW TO DO ILLEGAL STUFF!! LET'S REPLICATE WHAT WE SAW ON TV!!

lol "hey dude we just met, plz sell our stuff we just spent a ton of money on, you can take care of it, brb!"

Gon didn't seemingly go to school. It's a wonder he can read.

I didn't know they designed concepts for a Persona 5 female protag, now I'm kind of disappointed they didn't use her
They really just need to go whole hog and do a bisexual female protag so you can just waifu up the whole god damn cast already.
today, I learned Escaflowne only lasted a whopping 10 episodes when Fox tried to air it. Even further reason why I'd be okay with Toonami getting it.

Can't wait to watch HxH once I wake up. & the GitS episode was that Tachikoma focused one? Damn, I recall that was a good one.
I think the last ep came on when I had to take my practice SAT's or first time taking my SAT's or something. Next thing I know the week after the show is gone. Escaflowne isn't a kids show by any stretch of the imagination.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They really just need to go whole hog and do a bisexual female protag so you can just waifu up the whole god damn cast already.

I think the last ep came on when I had to take my practice SAT's or first time taking my SAT's or something. Next thing I know the week after the show is gone. Escaflowne isn't a kids show by any stretch of the imagination.

Ooh Jaded is another Old in this thread. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom