• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |MarApr17| Brought to you by Arby's and Old Spice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I actually read the FMA manga thanks to my local library (one of the few series they actually have the entire series of a manga) & rather enjoyed it. One of these days, I should go back & see if they've bothered to get anything new. They had some random stuff like Highschool of the Dead, Vampire in the Dance Bund, the omnibus versions of a few Rurouni Kenshin volumes, Cromartie High School, etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I actually read the FMA manga thanks to my local library (one of the few series they actually have the entire series of a manga) & rather enjoyed it. One of these days, I should go back & see if they've bothered to get anything new. They had some random stuff like Highschool of the Dead, Vampire in the Dance Bund, the omnibus versions of a few Rurouni Kenshin volumes, Cromartie High School, etc.

Kenshin is great, especially that final arc. It wraps everything up nicely.

Also yeah to be fair, Togashi might have tons of crazy ideas, but he plans way ahead.

Araki's a better example, he does almost no planning and forgets half the things he's written. That's why Jojo is full of bullshit explanations like Hunter x Hunter, but unlike Hunter x Hunter, they make no sense.
With Araki it's quite obvious at times that there's no planning. For the most part he takes good care of the villains, but the overall plotting is something different.
Where's the secret treasure? Well it's hidden behind a urinal
To a spin-off I think about Yahiko, takes place after the series.
I would've preferred a Soujiro's redemption spin off.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
To a spin-off I think about Yahiko, takes place after the series.

That's what he should have done in the first place. He did a couple of timeskip chapters at the end starring Yahiko and they were pretty cool. Having Yahiko navigate the changing times would be a good story, especially as the rate of change increases.

Ahh a new Berserk manga episode is out. Always get that good feeling.

image.php

I got the feeling when reading it that the author knew what they were doing, a feeling I don't get from even things like One Piece or Hunter x Hunter.
Well, HxH really is more of a part-time thing for Togashi after all

Much as I say I love both of those shonen, I never genuinely had the sentiment until much later for either of them.

But, since I agree with a lot of what you say on this whole subject - reading both FMA and MHA in their purest forms feel like a must, going forward.
I hear BONES tends to get ahold of series with particularly good storytelling behind them. An obvious clue right there.

Thanks to catching up with AoT and TG, I think I am slightly getting the hang of the reading process. Although I take it all in at a slow rate for some reason.

All-in-all, I know I've gotten much more out of reading the material rather than watching an adaptation for it. Highlighting whatever strikes us on our own feels better than a show doing just some of it for us

Not to mention I feel so much more artistically inspired from one individual's words/line drawing (novels/comics).
Since, mostly with long-running anime, it is seldom one whole or parts of an episode that give me that inspiration to one day achieve the level of the person who made it all possible - as it is especially many different interpretations compiled into the ongoing anime. Ugh, I don't know, I hope I am clear in saying this.

Adaptations, am I right? They can put me in awe just so much, but seemingly some things end out not clicking

Edit: Please ignore these last two posts. Do yourself a favor ;þ just a whole bunch of yammering
I really should just get through the rest of the threads before attempting to dig at stuff

Edit-edit: Here, have this instead

10e.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I find it nuts that the show I probably anticipate the most tonight besides DB Super is Attack on Titan. That first episode really nailed it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, not gonna lie, I actually want to know what the deal is with the beast titan. This first episode has done a better job of grabbing my attention than most of the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom