• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
Even when One Piece is undertaking exposition, it feels like there's a direction, a destination. Whereas Shippuden and sometimes Bleach just feels like it's meandering.

SykoTech

jHU30Itl.jpg

Urrrgggh. That Knuckles.

Sometimes I think Sega doesn't want me to be a Sonic fan anymore. But hey, I got through Shadow and Sonic '06. Can't be anywhere worse than those dark ages.

Crocodile

Maybe it was because we came off Shippuden but I felt that episode went by pretty quick and moved the plot decently along. Only real critiques are the standard things that generally annoy me about One Piece rather than problems with the episode in particular.

About 8 episodes actually.

Ugh :/

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Go away King.com, I'm not going to play any of your shitty knock-off games.
Especially since there are better ones.

KingK

Even when One Piece is undertaking exposition, it feels like there's a direction, a destination. Whereas Shippuden and sometimes Bleach just feels like it's meandering.
Yeah. I feel like if this were shippuden it would be another two or three weeks until the train departed

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe it was because we came off Shippuden but I felt that episode went by pretty quick and moved the plot decently along. Only real critiques are the standard things that generally annoy me about One Piece rather than problems with the episode in particular.

Don't worry, the ride is awesome as hell. It has some of the greatest moments in the series.

Impel Down is trending

They have no idea what's coming...

daveo42

Banned

That's mainly because even when the pacing is slow, the source material is pretty dense for a weekly manga.

OP Spoiler:
The sea train episodes are probably the slowest of the entire arc all together outside of the random filler episodes.

Time for PLOT and lots of it!

Seda

Also, characters are moving and animating. Even if there is a lot of dialogue to listen to, things are happening on-screen, something to keep your eyes' attention. Other shows might have the characters sit there and talk for much longer.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I feel like if this were shippuden it would be another two or three weeks until the train departed

You would have had at least a half an episode of the crew staring at the train shocked at its existence before the show even actually showed you the train itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom