• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Nov14| Brought Final Act to Toonami

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jeez.
There's a difference between bad pacing, and breathing room.
There's no breathing room here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The original cartoon would have probably ended the episode by the time Hakudoshi first confronts Kagome.

You know, I'd be OK with that. The old pacing was just fine, enough happened each episode so that you felt like it didn't waste your time. This is just way too fast. You look away for a second and you'll miss like 3 chapters worth of content.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Okay, this is like they took the complaint of a show being too slow & was all "OH, IT'S TOO SLOW!? WELL HERE YA GO, MACH 5 PACING!"

Jarate

Banned
So are they just a cepting of the fact that she goes into a magic hole to fight uber powered enemies and possibly die

Also, in the human world are they still just as powerful?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I feel like all the dialogue is super simple and bland because there's literally no time for anything more interesting.

I'm reminded of the Speed Racer dub, and all the parodies of Speed Racer

It imrpoves. The first episode is kind of a clusterfuck but it has a ton of ground to cover in 24 minutes.

I guess that's something.

Jeez.
There's a difference between bad pacing, and breathing room.
There's no breathing room here.

Yeah, the pacing is just insane. They adapt in 26 episodes the equivalent of what took One Piece close to 200 episodes to do. There is such a thing as a middle ground.

Normal pacing is too slow and exists mostly just to drag things out for the manga, but this is way too fast. It needed to be 52 episodes.

Crocodile

This feels like a series that should have been 52 episodes not 26. Still fast paced but with a little breathing room. Was the IP so unpopular/old at this point they couldn't spring for the time slots needed to do four cours?

What are you guys a bunch of old ladies? This is the fast lane and if you can't keep up then you're gonna get blown away, see? Speed up for speed out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So are they just a cepting of the fact that she goes into a magic hole to fight uber powered enemies and possibly die

Also, in the human world are they still just as powerful?

Inuyasha has all his powers except his ability to fire giant solid diamond blades out of his sword, basically the one ability that would be really good to have.

ckohler

This pacing is:

kerbal_centrifuge_training_by_timmon26-d5g7dkr.gif

It's better than being slow... like Shitpuuden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom