• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, in comparison to his other works, this is MUCH more cheerful & nowhere near as depressingly sad.

.........yet...........

Line_HTX

MN98Fx6.gif

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the old Miyazaki stuff. The newer things, not so much. I honestly prefer the look and presentation of Shinkai.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
......I'm probably gonna jinx it, but so far.....this has been Sentai's best dub BY FAR.

But again, the ADR Director used to work for ADV Films & has been around for years, plus he worked on other Shinkai films.

Korigama

I still have yet to see a Ghibli movie
Really? I would recommend Castle of Cagliostro (well, that's technically just Miyazaki rather than Ghibli), Nausicaa, and Spirited Away for a few to start with.
Everybody is a big fan of Miyazaki.

This is his only film that is really Ghibli-esque, though.
Hm, just this one huh? Shame, more work evoking their style would be nice.

Seda

......I'm probably gonna jinx it, but so far.....this has been Sentai's best dub BY FAR.

But again, the ADR Director used to work for ADV Films & has been around for years, plus he worked on other Shinkai films.

Based on the preview, I thought Asuna's voice sounded good, but I wasnt sure on the guy(s?)

Moaradin

Don't get me wrong, I love the old Miyazaki stuff. The newer things, not so much. I honestly prefer the look and presentation of Shinkai.

I wish Shinkai movies were half as good as Princess Kaguya. Both in story and art/animation.

When it comes to quality, I think Hosoda films a lot closer to Ghibli than Shinkai.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
holy hell

this is Shinkai's gorest movie as well, but then again, he tends to stay grounded in reality from what I've seen. This is perhaps his most fantasy-esque, hence all the Ghibli comparisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom