• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's kinda where I'm at. Not seeing how it's different, currently. Create aura, suppress aura, use it as a weapon.

Well, we're still at the basic level. There's also (spoilers for later this arc and next arc)
different ways of manipulating nen and strengthening nen by using vows. Also a nen user's personality determines exactly what sort of shape their nen will take.
It's closer to
a JoJo stand than Naruto's chakra system.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's kinda where I'm at. Not seeing how it's different, currently. Create aura, suppress aura, use it as a weapon.

Think of this as the 101 of the mechanics that the power is based on. It's still not actually the ability, yet.

Basically what you just learned is the equivalent of "you need to breathe to use Hamon."

cntr

Banned
If you've watched the later seasons of Jojo,
Nen can do anything in the way that stands can do anything. Araki and Togashi are friends in real life!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Essentially, Nen is one of the major aspects that makes HxH high level Shonen alongside Jojo and One Piece.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Major-ish spoilers

Watching HxH a second time is interesting, because
every scene I see Killua in, I know he still has Illumi's needle in his head.
Just something interesting I keep thinking about.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No, like... it can
conjure physical items
, for starters.

The possibilities are limitless and Togashi does some ridiculously creative things with it.
Haha I know all about it I've watch the series, just pulling a leg because the force can get pretty ridiculous in star wars lore

Seda

IIRC, OG Naruto didn't really have much Itachi/Sasuke history at all. Just maybe a quick scene of Itachi at the murder scene.

Moaradin

This flashback isn't that bad
the first time you see it. By the end of the series I'm fucking sick of Itachi flashbacks, both filler and canon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
IIRC, OG Naruto didn't really have much Itachi/Sasuke history at all. Just maybe a quick scene of Itachi at the murder scene.
That first scene and these two are slightly extended versions of what happened at the end of Part one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom