• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct/Nov/Dec16| A Bacchanalia of Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Basically it's Back to the Future style time travel.

No. BttF rules if you change the past you erase the previous timeline and can't travel to it. But timelines take time to change depending on the needs of plot. It could take weeks if you're Marty McFly and erase your birth, but if you're Biff and give yourself a sports almanac it takes like an hour.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's it for Kai.

Tune in January for Kai: The Final Chapters.

Onto the end of Phantom Blood

Can't believe we did it, y'all! We watched almost all of Dragon Ball Z Kai! Seems like just yesterday they announced DBZ was coming to Toonami. Can't wait for next year and double the dragon. Time for Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

BatDan

Basically at the time, DBZ Kai was apparently getting bad tv ratings in Japan. Add the whole controversy of the composer plagiarizing his scores, and Toei decided to pull the plug on it for a while.

Along with poor toy sales.

The only reason Kai: The Final Chapters exists is the Western fanbase.

BBboy20

AFH5Nd2.jpg

Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio (3)

BatDan

Self-decaptation.

Wang Chan's still a thing.

That's some damn good English for an anime.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
And I'm back. Was at a friend's place later than expected for a party. Will have the schedule and preview up in a couple minutes, even though it's good and late.

Basically at the time, DBZ Kai was apparently getting bad tv ratings in Japan. Add the whole controversy of the composer plagiarizing his scores, and Toei decided to pull the plug on it for a while.

Nah, Kai was getting decent ratings.

It's just they weren't selling enough merchandise and so Toei replaced it with Toriko thinking it was the next hottest thing.

That didn't last long all things considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom