• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct14| A Place for Manly Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hellsing Abridged is just a 15-minute roast of the Catholic Church at times.

"Honestly, if you're going to have a dick-fighting competition with a woman, you must have started out with the world's cruelest handicap... which I'm sure benefits the nine-year old boy you have chained up in your private Vatican jet. Which was paid for how? Oh, right! Generous donations from your followers to spread the word of God. All over his back."

Crocodile

We already had a scene of them bribing someone in the cruch with promise of immortal vampire powers if they helped Millenium, and we saw bribed officials in the British military, you're surprised that AMERICAN POLITICIANS wouldn't be just as easily bribed?

I figured they would be busy trying to topple England and maybe some other European countries before hitting the States. Taking the whole world on at the same time seems like a very bad idea logically.

Crayolan

Guys there are costumes like that in real life that have nothing to do with the KKK, if anything the KKK most likely copied it.

Yes, and the swastika isn't necessarily a Nazi symbol, but everyone knows people will immediately associate it with its negative connotation before its positive one.

I figured they would be busy trying to topple England and maybe some other European countries before hitting the States. Taking the whole world on at the same time seems like a very bad idea logically.

I mean that is the reason the Nazi's LOST WW2 by trying to take on too many different foes at the same time "it's like poetry so that they rhyme"

Grexeno

As Nazis, it's only natural for them to overreach leading to their inevitable demise.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yes, and the swastika isn't necessarily a Nazi symbol, but everyone knows people will immediately associate it with its negative connotation before its positive one.

to be fair, KKK is almost strictly a American thing and especially when it comes to japan, probably not on their mind if at all.

Okay so I guess this series is trying to set a record number of bad-sounding affiliations and descriptions for the evildoers.

Bad guys? How about the Catholic Church? No? Genetic freaks controlled by the Church? Meh? Nazis. Not good enough? How about Nazi Vampires? Still no good? How about baby-eating Nazi Vampires? STILL not enough enough? How about we throw in some KKK-looking bastards that are an extension of the Church?

Unless another foe appears to spread ebola I don't know how many extra "bad things" they can add. This is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom