• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Ok that exchange was hilarious :p

Protip:
ALL Female characters in this show except Ryuko are TERRIBLE

There are too many HUGE "coincidences" involved in this particular case. For one (actual One Piece spoilers):

Esdeath and Boa Hancock fall for their respective lead characters in the exact same way, by being overwhelmed and awed by their performance in a battle arena while she watches from on high. This leads very shortly to a scene in bed together. And, for that matter, there are quite a few similarities in their character designs, even the weird side hair that goes right down to their giant boobs.

That's not the be all, end all of the similarities thus far, but they're some of the big ones just from this past episode or so. Esdeath does differentiate herself by being more blatantly crazy and evil, though.

I'd ascribe it to similar tropes that are the source of both character's design and characterization than Esdeath being a Boa expy.

Shit I completely forgot about Toonami. Been up since 6:00am because of our yard sale. Going to try to stay awake for west coast airings for DBZ Kai and Akame ga Kill but I have them recorded just incase.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
VZMjshZ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom