• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Oct15| You've activated our Trump Cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

glad the MC isn't pussing around and understands that he can do something.

Shinichi and Migi are the best parts of this show.

Still not sure about Shinichi's voice. I mean, his acting isn't terrible. It's just a weird choice to go with. He certainly sounds unique.

Crocodile

Is it wrong that I'm not really getting into this?

The handy was pretty funny in a shock comedy kind of way, but everything else is falling sort of flat for me. The social commentary is pretty weak, especially considering it's coming from a cannibalistic parasite.

The show is about as subtle as a brick through a window with its "messages" so I can't blame you in that regards. The show has some strong moments (especially in the Shinichi & Migi relationship) but I don't think it has aged super well or that it was adapted/directed super well. I think this was the directorial debut for the director of this anime.

glad the MC isn't pussing around and understands that he can do something.

He understands....

...for now.

Remember that scene in the final arc of the bleach anime, where Ichigo ran away from a villain in a totally uncharacteristic way?

He does that a lot.

Raxus

Yea, it should be mentioned that Parasyte is kind of sabotaged by its outdated writing.

Yeah parts of the series it really shows. It still hold up in other areas at least. And at least it is something different that current anime doesn't bother with now a days.

Regiruler

Shinichi and Migi are the best parts of this show.

Still not sure about Shinichi's voice. I mean, his acting isn't terrible. It's just a weird choice to go with. He certainly sounds unique.

He sounds constantly unsure, or at least heavily stressed.

It's a good fit for his context.

I get that the series requires it to an extent.

But how the fuck are people not looking at Shinichi when he constantly talks to himself?

Reminds me of when people can talk to ghost or w/e that others can't see.

Just put on a bluetooth or put your cell to your ear. Done, you don't look crazy!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
As I understand it, the reason why Parasyte took so long to be turned into an anime is the rights were optioned in Hollywood for the longest time.

It makes me wonder why they waited so late to make Parasyte an anime.

There were rights issues IIRC. I know there was supposed to be a Hollywood movie from Henson Productions of all people. Supposedly everything expired and other companies went crazy with it like a Japanese live action film and anime.

Could be completely wrong on that though.

Crocodile

It makes me wonder why they waited so late to make Parasyte an anime.

The anime only got green lit because they decided to make a live action film and the anime was just a tie in to that

There were also issues with the rights. They were tied up with Hollywood for a LONG time - its the reason that live-action movie only got made now instead of a while ago even though this manga is super popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom