• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT4| Set Sail for One Piece!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daw Chopper.

Soul Eater next. The gang's all here tonight, folks!

wBvjMOh.jpg

Dat art. So scandalous.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Really? I had the impression he was always down to help people in need. Luffy seems to have a pure heart.

He is, though he denies it. But he always places the crew first. Either way, in the manga it was never even a choice since Shelly was shot, not captured (in the manga).

Sorry I couldn't be here with the rest of Toonami gaf posting commentary but I had to get the last few hours of the FF14 beta in. This episode had a lot of action in it and I was just loving every second of it. Also I like Foxy's english voice, it's actually really good. Glad that ref finally got owned, though he was pretty funny with the stretches lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Having read the latest chapter, a second anime series needs to fucking happen. Like right now. Get on it Studio Bones!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Really? I had the impression he was always down to help people in need. Luffy seems to have a pure heart.

He's a pirate, and his crew is the most important thing in the world to him. Winning the Davy Back Fight would probably free Shelly anyway, so there's no reason why he would leave his crew hanging in that situation.

The anime filler has a tendency to do weirdly out of character things or introduces inconsistencies due to inadvertently messing with future plot revelations.

The worst OP filler is the Goat Island Arc which we already passed... well Little East Blue is probably worse but that's not til episode 400ish

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So how painful does One Piece filler get?

The worst of it is really fucking miserable. Fortunately it doesn't happen until the episodes in the 420s, so we wouldn't get there for 4 or 5 years on Toonami.

Although there's a pretty bad batch about 100 episodes from now.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
He's a pirate, and his crew is the most important thing in the world to him. Winning the Davy Back Fight would probably free Shelly anyway, so there's no reason why he would leave his crew hanging in that situation.

The anime filler has a tendency to do weirdly out of character things or introduces inconsistencies due to inadvertently messing with future plot revelations.

We're going to get one in a couple episodes
Chopper's second Rumble Ball

I think this is why One Piece fans hate the filler so much, because of how Out of Character and inconsistent things get.

Soul Eater Go!

Nowhere near as bad as Bleach or Naruto filler.
Apparently it's considered "decent" by anime standards. *shrugs*

I think One Piece filler is generally worse than Naruto filler.

It might not seem as bad because there isn't as much of it, and there isn't such a long stretch, but the worst of One Piece filler is pretty fucking terrible (although well before this point in the series).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom