• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
Clone wars. It's a bit dull compared to the other shows but I guess you need something to balance the craziness that is SAO and FLCL.

I'm wondering if they'll play the ending credits next week or just go fade to black after the pluck of that gee-tar string.

Well see you next week. I hope I'm around to see the final episode with you guys.

Crocodile

This is seriously the best series. Watching it now with a better appreciation for animation/animation techniques... It was really ahead of its time.

A lot of vet animators worked on this OVA and a lot of them are still in the industry today. This was the perfect mix of style, passion, time and money. Those don't come all together at the same time very often. Anyway I don't have much to add that everyone else hasn't already said. Awesome show is awesome.

Azure J

Naota's "Don't ever call me Takkun again!" speech is possibly my favorite moment in the entire series, from a crowning-moment-of-awesome perspective. (The manga scenes are probably my favorite comedy moments.)

Yeah, such a wonderfully potent scene. I love the buildup and the actual execution so much (Naota's character design getting all hard edged and gruff looking).

I feel like I might still be missing something before I fully "get" that episode.
Was the cockiness being played up as a positive or negative?

I really think I'm going to catch up on the episodes I missed now so I can finally understand everything.

RIDE ON SHOOTING STAR!

Totally forgot how big this piece of music was for me back in the day and hearing it on Toonami now just makes me :3 face.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
In case you're wondering, Akira is taking up 3 hours of air time on its night, with the lineup being normal after it beginning with Clone Wars.

Amikami

Banned
In case you're wondering, Akira is taking up 3 hours of air time on its night, with the lineup being normal after it beginning with Clone Wars.

That's a long time. Didn't realize the movie was that long. It's been years since I've seen it though. Actually, besides key stuff, very little of the movie I remember.

Seda

How much longer do we have now? I fell asleep but woke up in time for most of pertinent Toonami and have extra energy to burn
my dread with

The Persona announcement is right when the second Inuyasha episode ends.

Should be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom