• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

This is the moment where people should have probably dropped the series in mass.

Like what happened in Fairy Tail Chapter 322.

That legendary chapter.

Seda

This Kakashi / his Dad moment is pretty damn weak.

"Why did you choose your friends over the code, Dad? Actually ....I just realized....you did it for....your friends....and I respect you for that."

"Thanks son"

Morlas

Nagato that jutsu is bullshit...also the ending of this arc is the beginning of the worst parts about this show....
Hinata should've gotten that hug

Xe4

Banned
If there's one thing that bugs me in anime more than anything, it's when scores of people die, and then the show is like "nope, lol, everything's fine". It removes all tension from the show completely. It's one reason Dragon Ball does nothing for me when it's being serious.

If you do that for 1-2 important characters, yeah whatever. I don't like it, but whatever. But don't just kill off tons of people, and then undo it later. Shit's fucking weak.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

"Why did you choose your friends over the code, Dad? Actually ....I just realized....you did it for....your friends....and I respect you for that."

"Thanks son"
I mean, he told Naruto this in what, the third episode? He came to peace with it sometime after Obito died.

"Thanks son"

I feel like it would have worked better if we got a sense that Kakashi was shamed by his father's actions in the past or something.

Ray Down

Banned
Nagato that jutsu is bullshit...also the ending of this arc is the beginning of the worst parts about this show....
Hinata should've gotten that hug

Or Naruto at least acknowledge Hinatas feelings when he thinks of love.

Paper coffin.

"Why do I believe in you? I dunno. You didn't actually give me an answer to my quesiton. You just said "Because I'm Naruto" and I believed you for some reason. OH NO! YOU USED TALK NO JUTSU ON ME! FUUUUUUU-!" - Nagato

"Works everytime." - Naruto

Crocodile

So does Konan do anything for the rest of the series? Single female member of the Akatsuki and she didn't really do much and she doesn't really have an agency/goals separate of Pein.

If there's one thing that bugs me in anime more than anything, it's when scores of people die, and then the show is like "nope, lol, everything's fine". It removes all tension from the show completely. It's one reason Dragon Ball does nothing for me when it's being serious.

If you do that for 1-2 important characters, yeah whatever. I don't like it, but whatever. But don't just kill off tons of people, and then undo it later.

I don't know if its an exclusively anime thing or more common in anime vs. entertainment media from other countries but overall I agree with your overall point.

RagnarokX

"Thanks son"

No no, not just realized. He resented his dad as trash and didn't realize why his dad did what he did until the incident where Obito died.

Ray Down

Banned
So does Konan do anything for the rest of the series? Single female member of the Akatsuki and she didn't really do much and she doesn't really have an agency/goals separate of Pein.

I don't know if its an exclusively anime thing or more common in anime vs. entertainment media from other countries but overall I agree with your overall point.

She dies and does something very ridiculous before she dies.

ckohler

Hey Konon, you could just go live your own life if you wanted ya know. Those two dudes are dead so it’s not like they can boss you around anymore.

It's SO strange.

They padded this shitty story out with a bunch of worthless flashbacks about Nagato's past and it still feels sudden and weird.
Like their brains just got magically re-wired because someone they've barely met said "I can do it".

Top Bottom