• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ToQGAF 2014 | Hanamichi! The Next Stop Is Imagination's Stage!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I feel really bad for your guys who dropped ToQger during the first half when it sucked, because this most recent episode was absolutely incredible.

Incredible direction, incredible script, incredible music, incredible acting.

Absolutely stunning.

Why? There was a lot of weak filler to get to this point.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I didn't follow what Ryulong did on Wikipedia, but he's a member here now, so it might be best to not bring up out-of-site drama since the mods seem to frown on that.

Tiu Neo

I feel really bad for your guys who dropped ToQger during the first half when it sucked, because this most recent episode was absolutely incredible.

Absolutely stunning.

I'm kinda glad I kept watching it. It's a good show, but some parts of it kinda dragged more than needed. I still think it would be a better show if the big revelation was earlier. Most, if not all of the episodes since that were amazing. If it was earlier, maybe we could get a bit more of development for every character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I feel like if one only watches the plot important episodes of ToQger, then maaaaybe you can call it a decent show, but the brainless filler kinda kills it for anyone getting into it for the long haul.

I dunno, I find the filler really hilarious and no more offensive than Shinkenger's filler to be honest.

isny

napkin dispenser
I dunno, I find the filler really hilarious and no more offensive than Shinkenger's filler to be honest.

I can't get through the first five episodes. Tried twice now and it just is a bore compared to Go-Busters, Gokaiger and Kyoryuger. I feel Drive just blows ToQ out of the water in terms of pacing and keeping my attention. Maybe I should skip ahead and start at episode 20 or something?

ahdurian

I can't get through the first five episodes. Tried twice now and it just is a bore compared to Go-Busters, Gokaiger and Kyoryuger. I feel Drive just blows ToQ out of the water in terms of pacing and keeping my attention. Maybe I should skip ahead and start at episode 20 or something?

It's probably just because you're in Top Gear.
You need to shift down a bit

ReiGun

I hope the Toq/Nininn crossover is like the Gobus/Kyoryu one: a big celebration of all the ninja teams. We already know the Hurricangers are down to come back.

NeonZ

Toqger vs Kyoryuger had the lowest debut ever for a Vs movie, so I guess we'll see some kind of gimmick in the next one. Alternatively, it could be a 199 Heroes style anniversary movie, since they've announced Ninninger as an anniversary show. The announcement was fairly low profile though, so I guess there's always the chance that the actual anniversary will be 2016's Super Sentai.

javadoze

Tridoron faster than trains confirmed.

Now I just want a Drive/Ninninger crossover special (kinda like the Gaim/ToQ special, except we don't have to worry about Gaim being interrupted now).

I hope the Toq/Nininn crossover is like the Gobus/Kyoryu one: a big celebration of all the ninja teams. We already know the Hurricangers are down to come back.

Seeing how NinjaRed *coughGingaRedcough* and NinjaWhite came back for for Gokaiger, I'd be alright if they just got the two of them back.

vareon

Absolutely stunning.

I watch ToQger up to this point, but I have a hard time recommending anyone to go through all that boring point just to get to this point, which is admittedly great.

Defuser

Power Rangers Dino Charge ep 1
So thats what kill the Dinosaurs. Sledge's asteroid collections.

Better presentation overall.
Better sound ADR.
No horrible name roll calling in the opening.
Acting is ok but it's waaaaaaaaaay better than the cardboard acting from supershit mehgaforce.
Opening sequence gets people hyped.
Sledge is a damn good villain and his lol lines. And he shoots his own minons, how badass is that?
All original footage with alot of original props.
Keeper's face is fucking terrible with it's low quality look. How is it Saban can afford all these good looking environment props but not keeper's face?

Well I'll be damn Judd Lynn fixed nearly everything wrong with thats plaguing Power Rangers for 4 years with just one episode. Saban made a right decision by axing that terrible Tzachor for Judd lynn.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Reading through Rangerboard, various mirrors of the video are getting taken down by Saban
... It's real then?
Weird.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Power Rangers Dino Charge ep 1
So thats what kill the Dinosaurs. Sledge's asteroid collections.

Let me preface this with saying that I DON'T BELIEVE I'M WATCHING POWER RANGERS (watching SPD sparsely on Netflix - I'm up to episode 20 - to see how it compares to Dekaranger doesn't count)

Ep1 seemed alright so far. I keep forgetting how I'm watching a show based on Kyoryuger. Whenever the suits or monsters shows up, I immediately go "what the fuck, that's right, i'm not supposed to be enjoying this".

Anyway, acting seems alright so far. It always bums me out a little how they always put a different spin on things, but the base story is still the same: Red is looking for his father, stumbled upon something, becomes a Hero.

I just hope it doesn't destroy my memories of Kyoryuger. I'll forever miss the dance/riffs when transforming, but it looks decent so far. The Keeper really screwed Earth over though, goddamn.

jwk94

j2m91taD0OiI8.png

Man this has been an interesting year for PR so far.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Super hero time has been canceled because of the hostage situation ending :/

Not sure if theyll play it later in the day or what. Dunno what this means for ninnin either.

WillyFive

ToQger is heading nicely towards a finale. The last episode was really good, and the brilliance of it's premise is becoming clearer; but it's also obviously not a story that should have been stretched across almost 50 episodes.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Nah... ToQger is going to air Monday in Japan. So I guess you can say Ninninger is back on track for Feb 15...

The train puns won't come to an end.

Oh, then I'll get my ticket in.

Need to shift focus to Ninja puns.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
TV Asahi accidentally leaked the episode preview for the last episode of TOQ. Silly website autoupdate.

I watched it, here's a spoiler:

Get ready for Rainbow TOQ1

javadoze

Says who?

Looking deeper into it, it actually seems there's no definite proof that it'll air by then. Just a guess someone made. In other words, I'm an idiot for posting without checking the source.

Seeing that the promotional materials for Ninninger say that it'll premiere Feb 15th, I guess that they're going to somehow fit in this week's ToQger episode somewhere if Ninninger's debut is set in stone.

WarRock

Looking deeper into it, it actually seems there's no definite proof that it'll air by then. Just a guess someone made. In other words, I'm an idiot for posting without checking the source.

Seeing that the promotional materials for Ninninger say that it'll premiere Feb 15th, I guess that they're going to somehow fit in this week's ToQger episode somewhere if Ninninger's debut is set in stone.
Halting Drive to air two Sentai in a row isn't a possiblity?

Edit:
Damn, O-T released more Shinken episodes. This is a bad week for me to marathon it though O=

WillyFive

A Sentai double feature would be great.

I always felt the final two Kyoryuger episodes were really one episode that should have been seen back-to-back.

jwk94

Man, the TOQ cast is the first sentai team that I did not care about. Even though I didn't like some other sentai's, I at least cared about them and their mission but here it's like I'm just watching for no reason. Is 44 really the finale?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, the TOQ cast is the first sentai team that I did not care about. Even though I didn't like some other sentai's, I at least cared about them and their mission but here it's like I'm just watching for no reason. Is 44 really the finale?

44? No, 47 is the finale.

Top Bottom