• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trance Music |OT| #trancefamily

Ashhong

Yeah, if you listen to all 12 events then you'll get some overlap, but if you go to 1 and only listen to a couple other you'd probably be loving it.

Maybe the sets were cut up and weren't numbered?

Possible, though it shouldn't be that hard putting them back in order :p Doesn't really matter to me either way though

melodic vocal trance is sooo goood

im listening to this right now (you walk away by tydi)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BS0TOpfcIo

eargasm

Man...what happened to this tydi. I dont wanna toot my own horn but check out my old mixes I put in the OP. They have some awesome vocal trance similar to that. Less trousey than what I've been mixing these days

jambo

Yeah tydi went bad a couple of years ago. Being Aussie I've seen him a number of times and there was definitely a point where he moved towards the more mainstream poppy and housy trance and it's so disappointing.

SHIVERS =D

Ashhong

Yeah tydi went bad a couple of years ago. Being Aussie I've seen him a number of times and there was definitely a point where he moved towards the more mainstream poppy and housy trance and it's so disappointing.

SHIVERS =D

Yea I think it was around the time he released his Shooting Stars album. I enjoyed it but after that he went into mainstream mode.

I don't know if it's the technical difficulties but Armins transitions have been really rough tonight

jambo

Just before the last song he grabbed the mic and said "sorry for the technical difficulties" so maybe there were some power issues and the gaps in the recording were faded together?

Arnej time

It is in alphabetical order xD

They should have just let Paul van Dyk play for the entire 10 hours. With a brief Markus interlude. Everyone else was very, very disappointing.

Ferr986

I still have to listen to Armin, Ferry and PvD sets. I'll check them later today.

Schulz set was fantastic, and I enjoyed A&B too, even if they were a little more housey than I expected.

Ashhong

They should have just let Paul van Dyk play for the entire 10 hours. With a brief Markus interlude. Everyone else was very, very disappointing.

I haven't listened to all of them but W&W was great, with a bunch of new songs, and Armin was Armin. Nowhere near very, very disappointing.

Cagey

Banned
TranceGAF -- $100 worth it for going to ASOT 600 in MSG this weekend? I keep going back and forth. I'd be sitting in a seat watching a trance concert from the mezzanine, which isn't all that different from streaming it at my apartment.

Ashhong

It is completely different from watching in your apartment. Nobody says you have to sit down lol.

Go. Thank me later.

Cagey

Banned
It is completely different from watching in your apartment. Nobody says you have to sit down lol.

Go. Thank me later.

Yeah but I mean, the mezzanine level in a 20,000 seat arena? I've gone to live shows before but those were dance floors and dedicated concert venues.

Ashhong

Yeah but I mean, the mezzanine level in a 20,000 seat arena? I've gone to live shows before but those were dance floors and dedicated concert venues.

Still, it will be worth it man. Have you seen the live recording of SHM at the MSG? Looked amazing from anywhere in the place man. Shame on you if you don't go.

Starting PVD set right now after smoking a bit....woooo baby. I didn't know he did a live set!!!?! Amazing.

Who was it that was worried how his set might be? :p

Chaplain

This week's Solar Power Sessions has Scott Bond as a guest mix. He used to do those old gatecrash mix cds, I believe. And Suzy's mix is really good if you like uplifting stuff

http://suzysolar.com/suzysolar/2013/03/20/solar-power-sessions-597-suzy-solar-and-scott-bond/

Here are some recent sets from Scott since you like him.

(Right Click and Save As)

Scott Bond - Modern Classic Trance

Scott Bond REBOOTED VOL 1 (3 hours)

Throughout last year, I have been fortunate enough to receive some exceptional trance from a whole host of different producers and labels around the globe. The music scene moves fast and I feel that some of these artists and producers sometimes do not receive the credit and airplay that they rightly deserve. I'm not a follower of the latest trend and have always been a believer in two types of music, good or bad. I assess on whether the tune is firstly any good and secondly, did it stand out to me - who made it, what label it is on or if another DJ has been playing it out is irrelevant.

I have created a 3 hour mix which I would consider be a tapestry of trance. "REBOOTED Vol.01" is first in a series of cutting edge, uplifting trance. It is a mix woven with care and attention, containing the finest ingredients to have graced my ears in 2012. This should not to be perceived as a "Best of 2012" or "An End of Year 2012" mix but more of an extended online mix album, crafted with that same degree of quality.

SCOTT BOND WHITE PARTY RE-BOOTED
Aural Pleasures Radio Show 028 Scott Bond Guestmix 13 December 2012
SCOTT BOND 4 SEASONS RE-BOOTED
SCOTT BOND 1999 RE-BOOTED

This thread is going to die with that new thread around, isn't it :(?

Or this can be the "Who's afraid of 138?" stage to EDM OT's main stage.

cdyhybrid

This thread is going to die with that new thread around, isn't it :(?

Or this can be the "Who's afraid of 138?" stage to EDM OT's main stage.

I doubt it. Seems like most of the stuff posted here is "pure" (for lack of a better word) trance and the trance posted in the new thread will be more house (and other genres)-influenced. I'm sure there will be a bit of overlap, especially for festivals and stuff, but I think that's OK.

Chaplain

New Sets

(Right Click/Save As)

Matt Davey - Trance\Progressive\Uplifting & Trance Classics

Matt Davey - Infinity Podcast 033

1.) Armin van Buuren & W&W – D# Fat (Edit) Armada
2.) Norin & Rad – Snap (Original Mix) Anjunabeats
3.) Super8 & Tab – Teardrops (Original Mix) Enhanced
4.) Ilan Bluestone – Sinai (Original Mix) Anjunabeats
5.) Toby Hedges – Sukha (Original Mix) Soundpiercing
6.) Jon O’Bir Repression (Original Mix) Infinity
7.) Super8 & Tab – LA (Original Mix) Anjunabeats
8.) Solarstone – Seven Cities (Solarstone's Pure Mix) Armada
9.) Paul van Dyk feat Adam Young – Eternity (Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix)
10.) Armin van Buuren feat Justine Suissa – Burned with Desire (Rising Star Mix)
11.) Lostly – If Not You Who (Original Mix) Discover
12.) Neelix – Leave Me Alone (Simon Patterson Remix) Perfecto Fluoro
13.) Mac & Monday – Here Comes The SND (Original Tech Mix) Borderline
14.) Darren Porter – Spellbound (Original Mix) Monster Tunes

Amazing! - Matt Davey - 3 hour Trance Classics Mix

1.) Young Parisians ft. Ben Lost - Jump The Next Train
2.) The White room – The White room
3.) Tiesto – Love Comes Again
4.) Bedrock - Heaven Scent
5.) Mauro Picotto – Lizard
6.) Liquid Child – Diving Faces
7.) Push – Universal Nation (Ferry Corsten Remix)
8.) Tiesto – Suburban Train
9.) Solid Sessions – Janeriro (Armin Van Buuren)
10.) 4 Strings – Take Me Away
11.) BBE – Seven Days & One Week
12.) Tiesto – Adagio for Strings (Tiesto Remix)
13.) Paul Oakenfold – Southern Sun (Tiesto Remix)
15.) Armin Van Buuren – Burned With Desire (Red Star Rising Remix)
16.) Ralph Fridge – Angel
17.) Push – Strange World (2000 Remake)
18.) System F Ft. Armin Van Buuren – Exhale
19.) Jamx & De Leon – Can You Dig It?
20.) Ralphie B – Massive
21.) CRW – I Feel Love (Dumonde Remix)
22.) Agnelli & Nelson – Holding Onto Nothing
23.) Solar Stone – Seven Cities (Armin Van Buuren Remix)
24.) Matt Darey feat. Marcella Woods – Beautiful
25.) Binary Finary – 1998 (Gouryella Mix)
26.) Delerium Ft. Sarah McLachlan – Silence (Tiesto’s In Search Of Sunrise Remix)
27.) Veracocha - Carte Blanche
29.) Above & Beyond – Alone Tonight
30.) Barthezz – On The Move
31.) Talla 2XLC Ft. Skysurfer – Terra Australis

Sean Tyas - Trance & Progressive

Sean Tyas pres. Tytanium Sessions Podcast Episode 190

jjoo & Kevin Charm - Aventador Enhanced Recordings
Nick Double & NAYEE ft. Lovado - Blaster Audiophile Live
Max Graham feat. Alana Aldea - Where You Are (Original Mix) Re:Brand Music
Super8 & Tab - L.A. Anjunabeats
Abstract Vision & Elite Electronic vs. Aimoon - Galactic Armada TOUGH AS TYTANIUM TRACK OF THE WEEK
Ben Gold - Mesocyclone Garuda
Simon Patterson & Jordan Suckley - Vanilla Night Vision
N&R Project - Mercury Silent Shore Records
John O'Callaghan & Ronski Speed - Sincerely JORS Subculture
Solis & Sean Truby - The Climb (Solis & Sean Truby's Electronic Audio Outro) Infrasonic Recordings
Brian Cameron - Fatality Monster Digital

For those that like Sean Tyas, he recently uploaded all 190 episodes of his weekly show to his soundcloud page. Click here to download them.

Max Graham - Progressive & Trance

Max Graham @CyclesRadio 103

01. Marsh - Lullaby (Intro Mix) [Silk Royal]
02. PROFF - Countdown [Intricate]
03. Li-Polymer - The Dreamer (MUUI) [Lowbit]
04. Rise and Fall - The Glow [Monster Deep]
05. Harry Peat - Affrodizziac (Quivver) [Pilot 6]
06. BXT - Sirius [Neuroscience Deep]
07. eleven.five - Freckles (Luiz B) [Silk Digital]
08. Atlantis Ocean - Nihil (Hazem Beltagui) [Encolour]
09. eleven.five - Echo [Silk Digital]
10. Nigel Good - The Balance [Silk Digital]
11. Terry Da Libra - Don't Give Up [Enhanced Progressive]
12. Lange - Our Brief Time In The Sun [LANGE]
13. Danny Stubbs - Orion (Future Disciple) [Empress]
14. Nic Toms - Perfect Start [Fraction]
15. Tangle & Mateusz - Somebody Told Me [Lange]
16. Super8 & Tab - L.A. [Anjunabeats]
17. Alex MORPH - New York City [ASOT]
18. Styller - Paradox [Saturate]
19. Kevin Wild - Polly [Air Up There]
20. Toby Hedges - Sukha [Soundpiercing]
21. Kyau & Albert - Gluhwurmchem [Anjunabeats]
22. Shogun - Supernova [Armind]
23. D-Mad - I Love You So Much [Afterglow]
24. Parker and Hanson - Afterthought [Anjunabeats]
25. God Within - Raincry [Submerged] (Scott Hardkiss Tribute)

Trance Israel Radio - Trance\Progressive\Uplifting

Trance IL Sessions 157 (23-3-13)

1 - Shawn Mitiska ft. Hannah Ray - Salt (Vocal Mix)
2 - Liuck & XB ft. Fenja - Prince & Beggar (Aurosonic Remix)
3 - Klauss Goulart - One Last Kiss (Original Mix)
4 - Kenneth Thomas ft. Molly Bancroft - Hiding (Gal Abutbul Progressive Remix)
5 - The Blizzard & Yuri Kane ft. Relyk - Everything About You (Natan Rosberg & Martin Sand Remix)
6 - Hazem Beltagui & Allan V - We Are (Original Mix)
7 - Dr Willis & Junkyard Dog ft. Antonia Lucas - Here She Comes (Aaron Camz Remix)
8 - Toby Hedges - Sukha (Original Mix)
9 - Solarstone - Seven Cities (Antillas & Dankann Remix)
10 - Xtigma & Paulina Dubaj - Should've Known Better (Two&One Remix)
11 - Shogun - Supernova (Original Mix)
12 - Marc Simz ft. Emma Lock - Angels (Original Mix)
13 - Nash & Pepper - Return To Berlin (Talla 2xlc Remix)
14 - Sy Gardner - Distant Memories (Dave Nadz & LeBlanc Remix)
15 - Perpetuous Dreamer - The Sound Of Goodbye (Estigma Rework)
16 - Estiva, Cardinal, Arielle Maren - Wait Forever (Daniel Kandi's Bangin' Remix)
17 - Ahmed Romel - Concordia (Original Mix)
18 - Bryan Kearney vs Warrior - If You Want Me Balls! (Dean Rigbey Mashup)
Blast From The Past:
19 - Jon O'Bir - Ways And Means (Original Mix)
20 - Jon O'Bir ft. Fisher - Found A Way (Joint Operation Centre Remix

Super8 & Tab - Progressive & Trance

SuperTab Radio 030

Super8 & Tab - L.A. (Original Mix)
Super8 & Tab Vs Oceanlab - Awakening Satellite (S8&T Mash-Up)
Timur Shafiev - Glory (Edu Remix)
Myon & Shane54 Feat Aruna - Lights (7 Skies Remix)
Gabriel & Dresden feat Molly Bancroft - Tracking Treasure Down Revisited (Gabriel & Dresden ON Remix)
Jerome Isma-Ae, Max Freegrant - Thrill Me (Original Mix)
Norin & Rad - Aldo (Original Mix)
Willem de Roo - Conviction (Original Mix)
Protoculture - Laguna (Original Mix)
Solarstone - Seven Cities (Thomas Datt Remix)
Bazooka & Tomahawk - Twitch (Original Mix)

Gerard mc Loughlin - Classic Trance

Classic Trance

1.Lucid - I cant help myself (lucid vocal mix)
2.Three drives - greece 2000
3.Sasha - Xpander (12' remastered verson)
4.Mory kante - yeke yeke (hardfloor mix)
5.Energy 52 - cafe del mar (three 'n one remix)
6.Atb - 9pm till i come (9pm mix)
7.Moonman - galaxia (solarstone remix)
8.Chakra - home (original mix)
9.Cygnus x - the orange theme (bervoets & de goeij remix)
10.Mansun - wide open space (perfecto mix)"

Joe Nolan - Trance Classics

Ibiza Classics Vol 2

1. Rui Da Silva Ft. Cassandra ‎– Touch Me
2. Agnelli & Nelson - Everyday
3. Safri Duo - Played-A-Live
4. CRW - I Feel Love
5. Alice Deejay – Better Off Alone [Signum Remix]
6. Y-Traxx - Mystery Land [Sickboys Courtyard Remix]
7. Ruff Driverz Presents Arrola - Dreaming
8. Liquid Child - Diving Faces
9. Albion - Air 2000
10. Lange - Drifting Away
11. Jose Amnesia - Eternal [Pulser Remix]

Amazing - Ibiza Classics Vol 1

Y-Traxx - Mystery Land
Solarstone - Seven Cities
Nalin & Kane - Beachball
Southside Spinners - Luvstruck
Three Drives - Greece 2000
Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar [Kid Paul Mix]
4 Strings - Take Me Away [Into The Night]
Aly & Fila - Eye Of Horus [Ronski Speed Mix]
Driftwood - Freeloader

D23

just wanted to say that Solarstone-Sevencities (Armin van buuren remix) is probably one of the best trance song EVER!!

Tr4nce

Same goes for Moonman - Galaxia! What a tune. And I have actually been on a party once where Rich himself played Seven Cities. One of the greatest moments ever. Pure trance music as it's meant to be. Lovely.

D23

Same goes for Moonman - Galaxia! What a tune. And I have actually been on a party once where Rich himself played Seven Cities. One of the greatest moments ever. Pure trance music as it's meant to be. Lovely.

i have yet to experience seven cities at a festival (probably never at this point), i probably wouldnt be able stand straight, and just lay down on the dance floor lol

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Game Analyst and I will keep this thread going strong with links!

Found this gem on SoundCloud today, Grube & Hovsepian's opening set from New World Punx debut show (Markus Schulz + Ferry Corsten).

Grube & Hovsepian - Extended Live Opening Set from Mansion, Miami (March 24, 2013)
https://soundcloud.com/grubeandhovsepian/gandh_wmcmmw_mansion2013

No tracklist yet, but it's 3+ HOURS of awesome deep, proggy Coldharbour goodness.

This is fucking dope. What genre of trance is this?

Speaking of New World Punx, I'm seeing them this Saturday! Wooo!!

Ashhong

He said at the end, this is some deep progressive trance goodness. You know who else plays similar sets? Armin in his warm up sets. So good

Tr4nce

I almost forgot to mention 'Lovebirds' in this thread. I will post a download link later I hope. But his stuff and his sets are really awesome.

jambo

It's often called Progressive Trance, but I'm not sure if the genre actually exists. It's normally Progressive House or just Progressive.

It's the kind of stuff that you'll often find in the first hour of Markus Schulz's Global DJ Broadcast radio show.

Pretty much all of his Coldharbour label is deeper, proggier stuff.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
He said at the end, this is some deep progressive trance goodness. You know who else plays similar sets? Armin in his warm up sets. So good

It's often called Progressive Trance, but I'm not sure if the genre actually exists. It's normally Progressive House or just Progressive.

It's the kind of stuff that you'll often find in the first hour of Markus Schulz's Global DJ Broadcast radio show.

OK thanks, that makes sense. I've always really enjoyed Armin's warm up sets (usually more than his regular sets). I'll make sure to check out some Coldharbour stuff.

Speaking of which, I've always really liked Mark Otten - Tranquility (Markus Schulz Coldharbour Mix)

Cagey

Banned

I love that about Markus's radio show + podcast. The juxtaposition between the two hours makes for a great listen, especially when its a liveset where you can hear him plunging deeper and deeper.

Ashhong

So then what is stuff like BT's Skylarking? Just progressive, not progressive trance?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Does Armin always play a warm-up set at the beginning of his ASOT show? I'm going to see ASOT 600 NYC on Saturday and doors open an hour before the first set. I'm wondering if Armin is going to be playing during this hour since I love his warm-up sets.

Ashhong

Does Armin always play a warm-up set at the beginning of his ASOT show? I'm going to see ASOT 600 NYC on Saturday and doors open an hour before the first set. I'm wondering if Armin is going to be playing during this hour since I love his warm-up sets.

I believe so. I don't know if he always plays it on stage though. Some shows you need a VIP ticket or something to see his warm up set

Chaplain

Three new sets.

(Right Click/Save As)

Silk Royal Showcase - Progressive House, Progressive Trance, Deep House, Breaks, Trance, & Chill Out

Silk Royal Showcase 182 (Jacob Henry Mix Pt. I - Silk Royal Showcase 03 Album Preview)

1. Marsh – Lullaby (Intro Mix) [Forthcoming on Silk Royal Showcase 03] [0:00]

Royal Selection:
2. Gregory Esayan – Innerspace (Dan & Sam Club Mix) [Forthcoming on Silk Royal Showcase 03] [8:18]

3. eleven.five – Freckles (Luiz B Remix) [Silk Digital] [15:03]
4. Shawn Mitiska feat. Hannah Ray – Salt (Nigel Good Remix) [Enhanced Progressive] [20:41]
5. Fon.Leman – Anaconda (Original Mix) [Intricate] [25:09]
6. Shingo Nakamura – Perception (Simon Sheppard Remix) [Silk Digital] [30:41]
7. Peter Illias – Evolution (Original Mix) [Forthcoming on Silk Royal Showcase 03] [36:15]
8. Nhato – Hello World (Shingo Nakamura Remix) [Otographic] [43:19]
9. Nigel Good feat. Sarah Clark – Always Running (Original Mix) [Silk Digital] [48:02]
10. Gregory Esayan – Innerspace (Harold-Alexis Remix) [Silk Sofa] [54:18]

Silk Royal Showcase 182 (Jacob Henry Mix Pt. II - March 2008 Flashback)

1. The Highlander vs. Ramirez – Main Theme (Jacob Henry Intro Mix) [CDR] [0:00]
2. An-2 – Lazy Sun [Theomatic] [1:11]
3. Add2basket & Interplay – Summer is Back (Yvel & Tristan Second Mix) [Brown Eyed Boyz] [6:19]
4. Super8 & DJ Tab – Helsinki Scorchin’ (Michael Cassette Remix) [Anjunabeats] [11:18]
5. Dinka – Chemistry [Unreleased Digital] [17:41]
6. Talisman & Hudson – Leaving Planet Earth (Dousk Remix) [TMI] [24:41]
7. Ercola & Heikki L – Deep at Night (Adam K & Soha Remix) [Drop It] [30:26]
8. Morgan Page ft. Lissie – Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix) [Nettwerk] [35:11]
9. Chris Reece – The Fall (Daniel Portman Main Hour Dub) [Unreleased Digital] [40:56]
10. Deadmau5 – Arguru (EDX Remix) [Songbird] [46:05]
11. Yonderboi – People Always Talk About The Weather (The Timewriter Remix) [Mole Listening Pearls] [50:57]

Myon & Shane 54 - Vocal Trance, Trance, Progressive

International Departures with Myon & Shane 54 (2013-03-27)

01: Pinkbox Special - The French Don't Cry (Mango "Prog Used To Be Special" Remix)
02. Kaskade - 4AM (Acapella)
03. Evave - Daylight (Skylight Remix)
04. Shawn Mitiska feat Hannah Ray - Salt (Nigel Good Remix)
05. Matt Darey feat Ashley Tomberlin - Lost At Sea (Biotones Remix)
06. Jay FM - Free Spirit (Talamanca Remix)
07. Tydi - Glow In The Dark (Acapella)
08. Purple Cocktail feat Steven Taetz - Flash Dance (Dub Mix)
09. 1Touch pres. Atemnia - Impossible (2005 Returning Extended Mix)
10. Usher - Numb (Project 46 Extended Remix)
11. The Peacemaker Project - Ich Lass' Dich Nicht Zuruck (Original Mix)
12. Above & Beyond - Black Room Boy (Maor's Deep Room Mix)
13. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River (Bill Hamel Vocal Mix)

Gav

1997-2007 Trance classics sets on ah.fm all day today.

Currently Signum in the mix. Tracklist so far for him:

01. Tiësto - Suburban Train (Original Mix)
02. System F - Solstice (Original Mix)
03. Push - Strange World (2000 Remake)
04. Art of Trance - Madagascar (Ferry Corsten Remix)
05. System F feat. Armin van Buuren - Exhale (Original Mix)
06. OceanLab - Beautiful Together (Signum Remix)

So. Damn. Good.

Edit:
Afterhours.fm is currently having DejaVU 005. A full day of classic trance sets.

http://www.ah.fm/forum/showthread.php?52429-DejaVU-005

Missed you posting this!

Top Bottom