• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Power of the Primes fan vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go vote!

Hasbro PR said:
We're reaching out today with a reminder that your chance to decide which Transformers character will become the next leader of Cybertron is fast approaching! Starting on January 23rd, fans will be able to visit TRANSFORMERS.COM/vote to cast their vote to help determine which character will join the ranks of Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and other Cybertronian legends as the next Prime of Cybertron. The fan-voted Prime will be featured in the Transformers Generations toy line and brand’s Prime Wars Trilogy storytelling in 2018.

The first round of voting will begin on January 23rd, when fans can visit Transformers.com to choose between three groups of candidates – Honor, Chaos and Order.

· Honor: These legendary warriors will lead with honor and carry on the noble legacy of Optimus Prime.
· Chaos: These powerful warlords will stop at nothing to become supreme leader of Cybertron, even if it means creating a chaotic world where only the strongest survive.
· Order: These commanders vow to leave the Autobot and Decepticon factions in the past and unite Cybertron under a new order.

Four finalists will be chosen by the fans and revealed by Hasbro in late January. Fans can then have the final say by returning to Transformers.com to vote between February 1st and February 4th. The winning Prime will be officially unveiled during New York Toy Fair in February.

For additional information on the Power of the Primes fan vote, please visit TRANSFORMERS.COM/vote or the official TRANSFORMERS Facebook page, Facebook.com/Transformers.

Lagamorph

Optimus Primal supremacy.

Beast Wars version anyway.

The Beast Machines version needs to be retconned out of existence.

Chose Hound, Thunderwing and Shockwave.

Magnus is a scrub now and forever and Arcee like Daniel, Thunderwing is the only logical choice for Chaos, and Shockwave ran Cybertron successfully for 65 million years.

I totally don't get this Prime Wars storyline. I watched the Machinima shorts but they barely explained anything (and were awful) Is there some other type of media I can read or watch to get up to speed?

I picked Hound, ThunderWing and Megs. Ultra Magnus is a beta and always will be. Optimus Primal has always been a low rent Optimus even in Beast Wars and Shockwave, while a great steward, is a bureaucrat.

I totally don't get this Prime Wars storyline. I watched the Machinima shorts but they barely explained anything (and were awful) Is there some other type of media I can read or watch to get up to speed?

I picked Hound, ThunderWing and Megs. Ultra Magnus is a beta and always will be. Optimus Primal has always been a low rent Optimus even in Beast Wars and Shockwave, while a great steward, is a bureaucrat.

Shockwave's a badass. Dude's like a one bot army.

http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/thumb/d/d8/MarvelUS-05.jpg/388px-MarvelUS-05.jpg

I think it's starting in the comics this year. The Optimus Prime solo book has been hinted at to be the first to get involved in it.

Savitar

If this is going to be in the comics this is going to change things up some, especially for a few of those characters who have had unique paths than previous versions had. If even still alive.

I went with Hound, Unknown Evil and Shockwave.

Wait why is Primal under chaos? Did he have some character development in Beast Machine that radically altered the character?

Magnus/Thunderwing/Shockwave for me. Magnus has always been a favorite who is always in Prime's shadow.

Posting the characters here for those that can't do it right away:
img_3409hlqrp.png

img_3410swrld.png

img_3411zlpda.png

img_3412dhrwe.png

img_3413j8phq.png

img_341446pcz.png

img_34159epj7.png

img_3416vxqz2.png

img_3417gzqh6.png

Unknown Evil is totally
Deathsaurus

Mindwipe

I really wouldn't expect the Machinima series to impact on anything, I think everyone from the TF brand team knows they're a catastrophe and about as popular with the fandom as bowel cancer.

We don't really know much about the Prime Wars storyline yet, or how it'll impact on other TF media. We know we're getting another Machinima series, but everyone expects it will be years late and rubbish, so better off ignored. Best off thinking of this as a vote for a new toy, that might get reflected in the comics somewhat.

SJRB

Gold Member
Ultra Magnus is the boss to surpass Optimus himself. He always was my favourite, even back in the day.

I mean, even his name is the coolest. "Ultra Magnus", holy shit. Enemies run for the hills just hearing a name like that.

Fan of archer, megatron but there's only one real choice, Optimus primal. With that cheesy that's just prime line. We need to push for more beast wars.

Savitar

Huh. Does Hasbro have the rights to that character, or would they have to license them from Takara?

He's already been in the comic book. I'm more curious about Deathwing who was a super powerful engine of destruction and not much else for a time.

NEO0MJ

Ultra Magnus is the boss to surpass Optimus himself. He always was my favourite, even back in the day.

I mean, even his name is the coolest. "Ultra Magnus", holy shit. Enemies run for the hills just hearing a name like that.

Not when they see the tiny robot living inside him they won't.

32483483425_96be8271e3_o.jpg

Unknown Evil just looks like a Sweep to me from the silhouette...

Come on, how can it be anyone but Deathsaurus?

the sweeps hung, drew and quartered him two minutes after he became autobot leader.

B583ZKS.png

he is the king of scrubs

If these in any way affect the comics, then I've got to go with Unknown Evil (who I assume is Deathsaurus) or Primal. Mostly because I feel like those two wouldn't affect the Lost Light storyline, and could work ok in the main comic, or you know, aren't dead.

Weiss

Banned
Voted Ultra Magnus, Optimus Primal and Shockwave.

Optimus Primal is canon in IDW?

I thought Arcee was a psychotic murderer.

I thought Shockwave was dead.

I swear to God Megatron better not be taken out of Lost Light. He's one of the best things about it.

And isn't Starscream being the ruler of Cybertron a big deal in the new Windblade ongoing?

Maligna

Banned
I really hope this toy line gives us a proper Rodimus Prime "Flaming Winnebago"... Rodimus fans always get the shaft. So many Hot Rod toys, but nothing with the trailer.

DSC_0743.jpg

Voted Ultra Magnus, Optimus Primal and Shockwave.

Optimus Primal is canon in IDW?

I thought Arcee was a psychotic murderer.

I thought Shockwave was dead.

I swear to God Megatron better not be taken out of Lost Light. He's one of the best things about it.

And isn't Starscream being the ruler of Cybertron a big deal in the new Windblade ongoing?

The "storyline" of the toy line hasbro does really just kind of does it's own thing. At times it's referring to G1 material, then at times they take IDW ideas and concepts. They create their own mixes of narratives, but an overall storyline that makes sense? No, they don't do that. Hasbro and the toys just have their own little stories they follow but they don't really really flow with anything and jumps all over the place. Like the Titan stuff recently kinda doesn't follow anything, it's just toy line themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom