• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Transformers: Power of the Primes fan vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Contenders have been revealed: Ultra Magnus, Optimus Primal, Star Saber and Unknown Evil as a Wild Card.

No Arcee :(

Gonna protest vote for Unknown Evil in response to that injustice. I mean, there's no chance he can win, but it'll send a message to whoever wins about...something...I don't know...

Weiss

Banned
So this isn't about the IDW comics?

I'd be super pissed if Ultra Magnus and Megatron got taken off Lost Light.

So this isn't about the IDW comics?

I'd be super pissed if Ultra Magnus and Megatron got taken off Lost Light.
They've said the upcoming toys etc will have some effect on the comics(they pointed out the Optimus solo book as one that will deal with it a bit)so expect a new Prime(maybe not from this list)or Primal to be a bigger character if he wins.

Weiss

Banned
Despite having the worst name ever, Deathsaurus is pretty great.

But all his scenes in More Than Meets The Eye are comedy gold.

2373764-tailgate_ultra_magnus_lesson_transformers_more_than_meets_the_eye_5.jpg

If I support Primal, will I also be technically supporting Beast Machines?

Beast Machines was just a nightmare. It can't hurt us anymore.

Cheerilee

Ultra Magnus and Optimus Primal have both been leaders carrying the matrix.

Not recognized by the Matrix as a Prime and the rightful ruler of Cybertron.

Ultra Magnus "carried" the Matrix about as much as Galvatron did. It meant nothing. Hot Rod was it's true bearer.

Optimus Primal hulked out due to trying to contain two sparks in one spark chamber (with the other one, Optimus Prime's spark, said to be "bonded" to the Matrix). A few episodes later, Megatron II performed an almost identical upgrade by jamming Megatron I's spark into his own spark chamber. Optimus Primal wasn't upgraded to Optimal Optimus Primal by the Matrix, he was merely overloaded by too much spark energy.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Beast Machines didnt happen people.

I still my shock finding out about Beast Machines existence. I was like man beast Beast Wars was awesome, what's this show oh it's a sequel fuck yes. *watches a few episodes* oh ooooooh and largely wiped out it's existence from memory. The only good thing about that show is that it established that Megatron ultimately won the Beast Wars,

But.....which version..........and there is more to this version of Magus than meets the eye.

What I described was his G1 version. His IDW version is a whole other league though. I loved the IDW version up until the reveal that
it's just power armor

Savitar

What I described was his G1 version. His IDW version is a whole other league though. I loved the IDW version up until the reveal that
it's just power armor

That in itself is a throw back.

I'm sure you know this but the original Ultra Magnus toy was a repainted Optimus Prime with the extra back part instead of the trailer and it basically was more or less power armor. A decade ago another TF comic Ultra Magus had his body fall apart to reveal that he literally was a white Optimus Prime underneath. The whole multiple Ultra Magus angle was a nice twist but I find it hard to view the bot inside the current UM body as he is when done up as Ultra Magnus, once that happened felt like someone else should have become him to continue the mystery or raise the question if there was anyone inside. But it was one more take on the whole UM kind of is something else.

Beth Cyra

Glad Magnus made it to phase 2.

Still zero chance he beats Primalbut I'm going to vote him anyway. Dream wave Magnus is the single best TF character to me.

Beth Cyra

You're one of those people, aren't you?
Pat Lee fans.
The art is hit or miss.

There is also several issues with some of the story lines.

However the portrayal of Magnus as a very strong and disciplined younger brother who is secretly insecure and afraid he can't live up to Prime was excellent that linked the two characters forever in my mind and added a ton of depth to Magnus as a whole.

So fan? Not really, but I do see strong elements in his work.

PeaceUK

wap-6i.jpg

I was actually always a fan of the classic "Ultra Magnus is just white Optimus in power armour" deal, was an interesting aspect of his character.

Beth Cyra

wap-6i.jpg

I was actually always a fan of the classic "Ultra Magnus is just white Optimus in power armour" deal, was an interesting aspect of his character.
Indeed.

I adored it, plus the color scheme they gave to inner Magnus just looked beautiful on the Prime design.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Indeed.

I adored it, plus the color scheme they gave to inner Magnus just looked beautiful on the Prime design.

As a heads up, third party company Perfect Effect is making a transforming inner cab/robot for Titans Return Powermaster Prime, and word is they will probably retool it into an inner Magnus for Combiner Wars Magnus after that. So keep an eye out for that later in the year if it happens.

FqPAc7U.jpg

Beth Cyra

As a heads up, third party company Perfect Effect is making a transforming inner cab/robot for Titans Return Powermaster Prime, and word is they will probably retool it into an inner Magnus for Combiner Wars Magnus after that. So keep an eye out for that later in the year if it happens.

FqPAc7U.jpg
Sweet mother of god.

Thank you Matt for the heads up!

NEO0MJ

There is also several issues with some of the story lines.

However the portrayal of Magnus as a very strong and disciplined younger brother who is secretly insecure and afraid he can't live up to Prime was excellent that linked the two characters forever in my mind and added a ton of depth to Magnus as a whole.

So fan? Not really, but I do see strong elements in his work.

I wonder how involved he actually was with this,considering what we now know about him having shadow artists and writers, plus this came out near the end of Dreamwave.
Still, him being an insecure little brother living in the shadow of another was something that made the transfer rather well in IDW's rendition of the character, though he's no longer related to Optimus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom